by adamdoona Investigator
Investigator

£100 Amazon Voucher offer

Pretty disappointed with EE, They claim to offer the same deals to exsisting customers as they do to their new ones but found an offer of a £100 Amazon voucher if you take a 12 month sim only contract to be told its only availble to new customers!!! But they're happy for me to sign up as a new customer and lose my number, obviously we're back in the olden days of having to switch network when youre contact is up to get the best deals.

Two years with EE and it looks like its time to leave and find another provider

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: £100 Amazon Voucher offer

It's alays been this way. Companies like to draw in new customers. Thy don't have to offer this deal to existing ones they already have you.

You could port your number to a network on PAYG then choose ths offer and then port your number back.

This would still be classed as a new customer.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Most companies seemed to be going away from this though, Spent years switching from one network to another. Really poor business model losing customers to other networks.

Tempted to switch the number out to a PAYG but its a lot of work for me and the same outcome for EE, a customer paying the £20 a month. But I think why should EE get my business when it treats its exsisting customers so poorly.

And to make matters worse I spoke to online chat this morning and they said I could get the offer no problem, until I tried to order it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@adamdoona   If the offer for the voucher actually from EE ?    The SIM card is and I think you'll find that the  actual voucher offer is run by third party. 

Investigator

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

uswitch is the clue uSWITCH

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Regardless of who provides it, EE this morning said it was fine and then when I tried to order it, it wasn't. Still no mention of new customers only

Investigator

Unfortunately this along with with the poor signal at home and the debacle that was the Samsung Note 4 wifi calling issue. Its probably time to say goodbye to EE.

by
EE Employee

Hi @adamdoona

Sorry to hear you're considering leaving us - we certainly don't want this!

Unfortunately the offers with vouchers are through third parties - so this is not something we can match.

Have you spoken to our Upgrades Team to see if there's anything they can offer?

If not give Customer Services a call.

Have a lovely evening.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.