by aacleung Investigator
Investigator

10 GB package with LHR10 does not work

Hello, I purchased two SIM cards for my wife and myself from Glasgow Airport for the 10 GB package. However, the "LHR10" code does not work. When I try to enter it, I receive the following message: "Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Please check you have an active Pay As You Go pack and have called, text or used data during the lifetime of your pack." Both of us have already used up all 500 MB of initial data and we're stranded now. How do we activate the LHR10 code? I see that many other people in the community have encountered the same difficulties, but I cannot find a solution. Thank you in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 10 GB package with LHR10 does not work

Good Morning @aacleung

Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you being presented an error message from both sims when trying to send this text?

Have you spoken with customer services regarding this?

Thanks, Katie. 

by aacleung Investigator
Investigator

Yes we are both affected and have received the same message. I have tried contacting customer service by chat but was informed that they are not trained to help me. I tried contacting them by phone, but an automated message said that I would be charged 25 p/minute. 

by

Thanks for confirming this @aacleung.

The charge is 25p per call, I would recommend speaking with customer services who can look at this further. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by aacleung Investigator
Investigator

I called customer service and they were not able to help me. They have advised me to go to an EE store. This is very frustrating. I do not recommend anyone purchasing the 10 GB SIM card. As I read through this message board, it seems like I'm not the only one affected. This is a recurrent problem for others too. I feel really ripped off.

by

Sorry to hear that, @aacleung

I've sent you a private message to get some more information.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by aacleung Investigator
Investigator

I just wanted the public to know that despite me trying for the last week multiple times (by phone, online chat, and the forum), EE has not been able to help me. I leave the UK tomorrow so it won't be feasible for the problem to be remedied. I was only able to really use the SIM card for the first couple days after it was purchased before the 500 MB data was depleted, and I never received the 10 GB as advertised on the package. The last week has been wasted. It's been a disappointment that I spent £50 for 2 SIM cards that were essentially non-functional. My wife and I do not recommend EE and we were ripped off. It was the worst part of our holiday trip. This is the most disatisfying experience I have had with a cell phone carrier in the UK and I have traveled here more than a dozen times before.

by

Hi @aacleung

If you have been advised by our customer service team to visit an EE retail store this would have been required to get this resolved.

I am very sorry you have experienced this and apologise you were not able to get the data activated.

Leanne.

by aacleung Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I am on the way to the airport now. I was advised to go to the EE store last evening around 8 pm after a week of inquiry. I was asked to go to the EE store when it opened this morning. It was pointless to ask me to go to the store minutes before my departure.

by

Hi @aacleung

I understand and I am very sorry you have been asked to visit the store the night before you leave. 

I hope you have a safe flight.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.