EE Community

NFH Investigator
Investigator
NFH

Problems with EE Signal Box

As an Orange business customer, I've been given a free EE Signal Box after EE decommissioned transmitters in my area. I understand there might be more than one model of the Signal Box, and mine is a Nokia Siemens FAPr-hsp 5000.

I've had problems several times per week, each time with one of two different symptoms:

• Constant red light - "product failure" according to the enclosed Quick Start Guide.
  • Fast flashing green light - "initialisation or temporarily out of service" according to the enclosed Quick Start Guide.

In both cases, I can restore operation by unplugging the power for at least ten seconds and reconnecting it, but it takes a long time to get a constant green light again, sometimes over an hour. Until I notice the problem each time, I miss incoming calls because my iPhone shows "No Service".

I've received a replacement Signal Box (which arrived much faster than the first one) but it encounters similar problems. I've tried connecting them both at the same time which gives excellent coverage, but each experiences the same symptoms intermittently at different times from the other one. Nobody at Orange seems to have a solution. What can I do? Is this an inherent problem with the Signal Box?

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Re: Problems with EE Signal Box

How fast is your broadband connection?  Femtocells don't tend to work very well on slower broadband connections especially if you are using the connection for other things at the same time.

Try re-booting your broadband router and see if that improves things.

It's pretty normal for it to take upto an hour to configure itself (the old Vodafone signal box I used to have a few years ago could take anything upto 90 mins before I could actually use it)

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
NFH Investigator
Investigator
NFH

My connection is Be Unlimited, 12Mbps downstream, 1Mbps upstream.

Please use plain text.
NFH Investigator
Investigator
NFH

Does anyone know what is causing the red and rapid flashing green lights and what can be done to prevent it? Does anyone have a Signal Box that never suffers from these problems?

Please use plain text.