EE Community

Investigator
amyanimalover

PAC Number

Hello,

I'ved called for over a week now (three times) and each time, Customer Service has assured me that it will be provided the next working day and there may be a delay in processing, but this is ridiculous. Can someone please provide me a PAC number as you guys are forcing me to give up my old number. Calling the support line doesn't work, so I'd thought going here and facebook may help me speed along this supposedly simple process.

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Re: PAC Number

Ring back and ask again.  Do not take no for an answer.  Point out that, as per OFCOM's rules, PAC's should be issued immediately over the phone or within 2 hours by text ( see here )

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
Investigator
amyanimalover

Wow, quick responses. I'm surprised!

Yeah, just called through Customer Service again, got cut off twice when I get introduced by a Rajesh but third time's a charm after considerable wait time. The third member assured me that I will get my PAC Number "there and then" when I get forwarded to the team that deals with PAC Numbers.

So, maybe three wait times (each time, the lady reminds me to stay on the line) I get put through to an Andrew who explains there's been some sort of error with it generating this PAC Number and yet another team (who DOESN'T deal with Customer Service) are trying to fix it. Andrew assures me that it will be fixed within 48 hours (haha, apparently screw OFCOM's rules) since he personally sent out an email for it and apparently there wasn't any previous records of emailing them from his team.

I'm feeling a LITTLE glimmer of hope since this Andrew gave me his extension if it does screw up, but to wait two more days with the PAYG sim card still in my mobile (has no credit whatsoever) is rendering my phone quite useless for a week+.

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Why are you being forced to give up your old number ?

This sounds very wrong.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
amyanimalover

Haha, yes it does. Instead of inconveniencing everyone who has my number to update a new number, I'm sure me having the headache of dealing with Customer Service will pay out in the long run. Just posting this on the feedback forum to confirm that, yes, Customer Service is lackluster helps me vent and gather more patience each time.

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

You still didn't say why

Sounds like the sort of trick a dealer would pull to get a new customer bonus.
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

Ring back and speak to retentions (the 'if you are thinking of leaving us' menu).  They can and do issue PACs there and then and should not need to put you through to anyone else to do it.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
amyanimalover

Oh the "forcing me" deal? They haven't outrightly said they wouldn't provide me with the PAC Number but going at this rate, it looks like they aren't. And if they never will, I'd be forced out of the old number and have to accept the new number on my new Sim card.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
amyanimalover

I've not heard the Retentions line as I listened to all the choices when I call up the automated menu. The first menu is all about topping up, the second menu is about services and information. Maybe I missed it, but I always go straight to customer service since when I went to the EE shop to inquire, they gave me a dead end route which ended with the automated lady saying on the lines of "I'm sorry but we cannot complete your request. Goodbye *click.*"

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Still don't understand why your old number hasn't been ported to your new SIM.

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Sorry I didn't realise you are using a PAYG account. In that case, you won't have direct access to retentions via the phone menus.
Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
David_M

Hi amyanimallover

I have just read your post, if you require a PAC code this should be provided to you on the call or sent to you by text within 2 hours unless the department that issues these codes are having technical issues.

Unfortunately we cannot issue PAC codes through any of our social media channels and this will require you to call through for this.

Would you mind advising what network your SIM card is currently on (T-Mobile / Orange / EE) and where you are looking to port this number to?

Regards,

David M

Please use plain text.