EE Community

Investigator
gintonic

Moving from Orange to EE 4G

Spent all day yesterday with both EE and Orange. Am an existing Orange customer on an expired 24-month contract trying to get a new contract and migrate from Orange to EE with a Nokia Lumia 920......It seems I'm stuck in mobile phone limbo between 2 companies that appear on the surface to be 1 but aren't really. 

Orange tell me they can't migrate me with a Nokia Lumia 920 as they cannot supply that phone.....

EE tell me that they can't migrate me as I'm an Orange customer and I need to go through Orange (although EE confirm they can supply the phone).....

Hmmm anyone know whats going on?  On yesterdays performance, it doesn't look like either EE or Orange do!

Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Re: Moving from Orange to EE 4G

Hi gintonic,

There's a big discussion about switching from Orange and T-Mobile over on this board bitly.com/Sca1E5. You might be able to find the answer within this discussion, however, if you want answers about your account specifically I would suggest speaking to a customer advisor. Here's a link to our support channels http://bitly.com/RmMUpG. I hope this helps and do let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Charlotte. 

Investigator
gintonic

Hi Charlotte

Thanks for trying to help - I have seen both discussions and no answers - I spent most of yesterday on the phone talking to customer advisors from both EE and Orange and in an EE shop - but with no answers. Neither seems able to solve the problem, and neither have a method of escalating it easily........
Explorer
kushagra

It happed with me as well, a big mess up.

On 16th of November I had called orange and asked them to do early upgrade to EE for Nokia Lumia 920.
I had paid the early upgrade fee as suggested and was told to receive the handset on Monday.

I called back orange on Monday to follow up my order. I was told that I need to wait up to 2 weeks for the handset, where it was showing onlin on EE website to wait 7 days for the handset.

I called up orange again with my reference number on this Monday just to follow up, as the website said Now in stock for Lumia 920.
I wanted to change the colour of the handset if possible.

I had been told that there was some problem with my order and they cannot process it. So the lady cancelled my order and was trying to sort it out.
She was unable to do anything and gave me an option to upgrade to orange itself for time being, as I dint had my handset and was using a old handset which doesn't even support my contact formats and its not a smart phone. My data and other serviced have been wasted.

But than I was able to place the order online with ref: 13590 (online order ref number). I gave my credit card details and bank details to pay for the phone and direct debit.

I called up today again, but than again I have been told 1st that my order have been processed in morning and will be given a call back with the delivery details.

I called up in afternoon and have been told that there was a problem with the order and they are unable to resolve it and suggested me to go to the store and get the phone, that they will be able to upgrade as I have been already moved to EE and will get my handset straight away.

So first I went to phones4u to upgrade to EE. They processed everything but then their was and error from EE side so at the end they were unable to give me the phone.

Than I went to EE store near oxford street and was refused to upgrade there as well.

I called up orange 3 times later and have been assured to get a call back, which never happened.

I had wasted so much time following up stuff and waiting on hold for long times and I am still on square one.
I din't wanted to get my frustration off on the staff as its was all different person every time, but nobody gave me a call back
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi kushagra,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience moving from Orange to EE.

If you send me your contact details in a private message, I'll make sure a customer service expect contacts you to rectify this.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

joeperkins87

i moved to EE from ornage after being with orange for years (had 1 month left of contact) as i was advised by the guy in the EE store as i was going over my data with my iphone 5 i brought from apple. signed a new 12 month contract was told EVERTHING would stay the same as my old ornge account. OK fine as you would belive someone who works for them. could ring my mum in guernsey for some1 reason so called EE and he sorted asked him it it was cos my mum lived in guernsey he said no there should be not problem i asked if i would be getting charge for calls to there and the answer was no it would just use my minutes but no calling my family in guernsey on EE is classed as calling aboard even tho its a 077 (+44) number so after running up £30.00 on calls i logged on to my EE app to find this out.

rang EE where the canceled the £30. calling cost as was there mistake misleading me very nice of them so migrated back to orange witch was a whole new problem moving back to orange had been cut off for 3 days as was told on the phone that i would get a new sim card sent out in the post 4 days later was cut off went in to the EE store in liverpool and was told i would have to wait till 5 working days had passed and if i still hadnt got my new sim come back but please got to and orange orange shop as i have not orange sim cards as the is an old T-mobile store!! lol. 6th working day went into EE (old orange store) and was in there for over an 1 30min sorting this out as they had said i should had just put my old orange sim card back in. but had all ready told them on the phone that the guy in the EE store in aberdeen when i 1st moved over to EE told me to disgard this so i did. told them this on the phone when i wanted to move back to orange. so sorted back on orange back on my same account with the 1month left to run before it ran out.  looked at that mouths bill since i moved back normaly £41 was not £91.16P + i had all ready paid EE £31.00 for there contarct but and due some money back from that as was not with them for the whole month. downloaded my bill and went throught it rather than the 900 min's i get only was given 300 and was charged for calling my 4 magic numbers even tho when on the phone to orange in the EE (old orange store ) was told they were all still there so rang orange to ask them while was this to only find out that you only get a part mouth so only got 10 days worth of mins till my bill date. ok WHY was i not told this!!!! and as for you magic number they are not active as you have moved from orange and moved back his words EVERYTHING starts again so if everthing starts again why have i not sign a new contract and why have i gone back in to my old contract that i have less then 1 month on it??? also on the phone he changed my contract as i was available for a new iPhone Loyalty SIM only  £26. hang on a minute i said moving back restarts my contart in a way but i can get a new iPhone Loyalty SIM only for £26. 3000 mins, unlimered txt and 3GB of data how do you work that out? anyways sign up to it and waiting for my part mouth repayment back as i dont have to pay the full £41 as was on on that contract for 10 days. lesson learned if your happy with orange stay. orange dont charge for me calling guernsey they just use my min!!

Established Contributor
dave7red

If I remember rightly there was a cut off date of 27th december in the t&c's to migrate to EE when in contract with orange or tmobile
Visitor
pippaYoung

I have just discovered that although I renewed my 4 phone business contract with orange (which I chose because of the replacement faulty handset deal and the shared data and because of guarantees that things would be the same as my old contract) I have been put on ee which I specifically didn't choose because they wouldn't give us the shared data. Now I find that they will not offer us the replacement phone if the new phone becomes faulty. When I saw the ee sim cards with our new phones, I thought orange had just changed their logo, but now when I phone customer services I am told it is a different company. How can this happen? I feel as if I have been mis-sold because I didn't agree to take a contract out with ee - I specifically wanted to stay with Orange. My orange contract ran out two days ago, but ee say that because our upgrades were sent three weeks ago our new contract is out of the 14 day cooling off period. My new contract isn't the same as what I discussed with the business loyalty customer service team in Orange. How can I resolve this and get ee to honor the agreement orange sold me?
Visitor
mangah

Can somebody really tell me what is going on between EE and orange? Am really stock between these two couples.