EE Community

Valued Contributor
Amelia143

Is ee and orange a same company

Hi i recently moved my number too ee and today recieved a text message on my ee number about an orange bill on ringing orange costumer service i was told by the advisor that ee and orange are a same company and that i will carry on paying my 36 a month even after swapping over to ee but im paying ee 56 a month with an iphone 5 how can i pay the same company two bills im so confused
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Bhav

Re: Is ee and orange a same company

That doesn't make sense unless the text message referred to the last bill to be paid for your Orange account? 

They are the same company but not! Both customer services operate separately which you'll find out when you call 150 from an Orange phone and 150 from an EE phone. 

Did you move to EE after the end of your Orange contract with the same mobile number? 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Amelia143

No i moved whilst still in contract with orange . Ee said that i couldnt move my number at first but then when i got my phone with em they moved my orange number to ee .
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
craignic05

how long did you have left on your remaining contract? Did you buy out the remaining term of your existing contract? If you didnt, then they've probably set it up as a 2nd line, hence you could be paying for both contracts at the same time. If you did buy out the remaining oart of your contract, then it could be a clerical error by ne of the companies which may be worth looking into

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Amelia143

I had a 24 month contract with orange had 21 months left yea i guess they have will give them a call because i didnt buy out the rest of the contract on my orange
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
NothingNowhere

EE TMOBILE ORANGE
They are the same company when it suits them.
But different companies when it comes too paying them.
Very suspicious !
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
JohnJ79

Exactly for the purpose of conning existing Orange and T-moblie customers into "Upgrading" to EE4G they are the same company, even able to transfer calls to each other.

As soon as you have any sort of a problem they are separate. I was conned into upgrading to 4G by Orange and told it would fix my coverage problems in my area. It didn't and when I asked to buy out my EE contract I was told I needed to reserve migrate back to Orange and it would take 7 days (it already took 7 days to go to EE4G).

I wouldn't mind but EE customer services out and out lied, as checking on their website I can't get 4G in my area but I was told I could and it would fix my coverage issues. EE/Orange customer services is confused at best bordering on illegal at worst.

Everything with their customer services takes 7 days. It's taken them nearly a month to issue my puk code and they still missed that up with my texts now coming from a random number.

In the end I gave up to their demands and I am going to pay the £650 buy out demands (even though Orange and EE stopped having any coverage in my area let alone 4G). I'm going to go with O2 who I was with before who issued my puk code in an hour when I moved from them.

In summary my suggestion is buy out the contract and go elsewhere if you can, 4G is not worth dealing with such shocking customer service. 4G only worked for me in London anyway and even then only outside, the voice coverage is terrible everywhere even in London I kept having calls dropped.
Please use plain text.