EE Community

Charlotte

MyEE app - new version!

by ‎15-02-2013 12:18 PM - edited ‎15-02-2013 12:20 PM

Version 1.6.5 of the MyEE app was released on Apple and Android on Monday!

This release introduces the front door plan popup to help guide customers to relevant brand apps based on their plan.

It also includes continual fixes and improvements: a fix for local contacts lookup on iPhone 5 for itemised calls/texts, and much-needed UX improvement to the Pass code.

The app also sends Orange and T-Mobile customers to their relevant apps, Your Orange and My T-Mobile: 

MyEE app screenshot 120213.jpg

If you have an Android or Apple phone, download the app and have a look - leave feedback here or in the relevant app store if you so wish.

Have you used it yet? What dso you think?

Comments
by Brilliant Contributor ‎15-02-2013 12:27 PM - edited ‎15-02-2013 12:28 PM

It would be nice to have the app work in both screen orientations with the iPad please.

I might me missing something here but I don't see the point of linking the app to contacts when the app doesn't list any calls made or SMS's sent within your allowance though?  All I get is 'We have checked and you have no call usage information'?  I'm guessing this is down to EE offering unlimited calls/SMS tariffs as T-mobile was the same, where it only ever displayed usage with tariffs that came with an allowance.

It does display my data usage though.

The passcode screen is much much better now though :smileyhappy:

Slightly off topic, but can EE add tablets/iPads/dongles/MiFi to the list of devices for online accounts please?

by sutt359 Established Contributor on ‎15-02-2013 03:17 PM

How about a Windows phone version?

by commissio Contributor on ‎17-02-2013 11:37 AM

Windows Phone Version too please - you sell nokia's on 4G , so i would have expected EE to be ahead of the game, Hurry up please :smileyhappy:

by dc240969 on ‎20-02-2013 10:34 AM

I know its new but the Z10 should really have this app.

by BARNETTXXX Valued Contributor on ‎22-02-2013 10:45 AM

Windows phone 8 Version? 

by on ‎27-02-2013 04:15 PM

Hi all

I've had a message from the MyEE app developers - good news for Windows Phone users!

"We'll be launching the My EE App for Windows phone very soon and our followers will be the first to know when we do."

And in response to people asking about DataSense support in the meantime:

"I'm afraid we don't currently support any third-party apps due to the privacy of our customer data."

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

C

by z3st3r on ‎28-02-2013 10:12 PM

It would be so nice if you guys and gals could continue with the superb customer support with this app for windows phones and also how about the WIFI app while you guys are doing this :robotwink:  Please, please please.......................... Bring window phones into the warmth of your stellar customer service :smileysad:

by sutt359 Established Contributor on ‎01-03-2013 11:58 AM

Hi Charlotte

DataSense support is buit into windows phone 8 but needs to be enabled by the network... The only network to support it at this time is Verizon in the USA.

I take it EE isnt a Microsoft Supported partner?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2012/Oct12/10-29WindowsPhone8PR.aspx

by Adiktblack Valued Contributor on ‎06-03-2013 09:59 AM

Hi Charlotte

This is great news for Android and iPhone customers and also Windows Phone customers but is there no comment from EE regarding EE App availability for BlackBerry  10 customers yet.

It would be nice to know as we pay the same 4G premium contracts as everyone else and seeing as the device was delayed in its release and would have gone through a rigorous UAT (User Acceptance Testing) process as well there has been quite some foresight that these apps would need to be built and ready so that all customers have full access to EE's services.

Thanks

by on ‎07-03-2013 04:48 PM

Hi Adiktblack

I'm looking into possible availability of the MyEE app for BlackBerry 10 - I'll let you know on this thread if and when I hear anything back.

Thanks

C

by jgibbons88 Investigator on ‎23-03-2013 10:00 PM

App doesn't work for me. Can't see my remaining data usage, it thinks I'm on wifi even when I have my wifi turned off.

by pagnor on ‎25-03-2013 02:48 AM

Would be good if the app would work/show usage when wifi is on and not have to keep turning off my wifi when in a wifi area ( sim only for ipad)

by z3st3r on ‎30-03-2013 03:14 PM

Charlotte,

Any news on the app for windows, said it was coming over amonth ago.............. :smileysad:

by sterothery Investigator on ‎06-04-2013 11:54 AM

it does take the mickey a bit this, wasn't the lumia 920 mean't to be like one of your super duper flagship phones showcasing the brand new 4g network that has no support whatsoever for microsoft phones according to EE's very own staff we get no film/wifi/clone/account app, we were meant to get a free film a week that never actually worked, got one text back after weeks of trying saying service unavailable. we get one inclusive app "deezer" unlike android & ios who get games, tv, music

what email/username do we use for the 3gb of bt wifi were mean't to get??

by steppyhen on ‎13-04-2013 11:12 AM

Just had a phone call from EE following a complaint I made. They basically blamed Microsoft for the lack of apps. Funny that, seeing as EE develop their own apps! The outcome of the call is they haven't even developed a My EE or Film Store app for Windows Phone yet!

by paulgold on ‎24-04-2013 04:45 PM

Can we have one for the new Blackberry Z10

by Kevsta on ‎28-05-2013 06:10 PM

We're now coming to the end of May and still no sign of the Windows 8 version of the EE app - come on guys - where is it?

by steppyhen on ‎05-06-2013 10:39 AM

It frustrates me that us Windows Phone and BlackBerry users pay the same amount of money as iOS/Android users and don't get the same treatment.  One minute they say it's coming soon, the next they say they are 'looking into' an app for Windows Phone.

Windows Phone has doubled in size over the last year (read: http://www.wpcentral.com/new-data-shows-microsoft-doubling-its-smartphone-market-share-uk) yet EE still don't offer the same functionality. No MyEE app, EE Film only just been released, probably won't offer DataSense when it's available to more carriers in a few months...I can't speak for BlackBerry users as I don't own a device of theirs, but I suspect it's the same story with apps. Visual Voicemail is only available on iPhone, yet Android, Windows Phone (and I think BlackBerry) can support this.

Charlotte - please let us know what is going on. No wishy washy 'coming soon' as you said that months ago. Please just let us know a definitive 'No, we're not planning on making an app' or a 'Yes, it's coming and the date it will be released will be.....'

Thank you :smileyhappy:

by hannah1270 on ‎10-06-2013 08:06 PM

can you still get your app on your phone once youve unlocked your phone , are they free then ? i wanted free apps so unlocked my phone , but my phones just unlocked the apps arnt free. whats phone is the apps the best on iv got an iphone. does anyone no any good unlocking sits i used www.internationaliphoneunlock.co.uk any body got any ideas of a good one to use. does anybody no where i can get free apps aswell my boyfreind would loves apps but cant really afford to keep buying them

by Damoruss ‎16-06-2013 08:25 PM - edited ‎17-06-2013 06:59 AM

I still can't believe we still haven't had a reply regarding when apps are coming out for ALL the phones EE sell on their 4G network. I've just got the myEE app for my z10. And I've finally got my free add on. I've been ringing EE since I got my contract in February.  EE should have had all the apps sorted before they chose to sell the z10. So come on EE how long are you going to charge me for a service I'm not getting. 

I still can't even register my mobile number for EE as the Web site says my number isn't recognised. It's recognised when they take their money every week. Is it oftel who regulate this sector. I reckon we should all consider contacting them. 

I left orange and their fast responsive customer services to this shower of ####. (NOTE to GaryDM the moderator. Please leave the last three words of my message alone it's not offensive in anyway. If you continue to ammend my message I'll go viral. And we all know EE don't do well on twitter. Glastonbury tickets anyone. Instead of watering down my disappointment why aren't you doing something to make us happy and answer the bloody questions we've asked)

by srome ‎25-06-2013 07:07 AM - edited ‎25-06-2013 07:09 AM

Just joined EE yesterday with my Z10 and I must say a big well done to EE for the very nice BB10 app.

by hovesteve on ‎26-06-2013 09:00 PM

Please can someone from EE give us Windows Phone 8 users the courtesy of of a straight forward answer regarding a myEE app for our phones. When? Clone phone? wifi?

by kurtfarrar on ‎05-07-2013 12:17 AM

a bit annoyed to learn that the Lumia (Windows Phone 8) was available at launch last november and there's still no MyEE app, yet the Z10 has only been available for half of that time and has the equivalent app available already. BB unfortunately (for them) have a much smaller marketshare so that excuse is a load of rubbish, and to add fuel to the fire, when a community developer fills some of the gap (BalanceEE app) EE fo out of their way to block/break it rather than supporting and encouraging the developer.

by steppyhen on ‎15-07-2013 11:51 AM
by Zip13 on ‎06-08-2013 01:47 AM

When will Window Phone GDR2 be available on Lumia 920 and will Data Sense be made available as part of the GDR2 release on EE, later or not at all?

by rabbitleader on ‎20-08-2013 05:14 PM

So EE is not making the "My EE" APP work for Orange customers!  That is quite bi polar of EE to treat a large chunk of its customers with a second class service.

The Orange APP does not allow its customers to keep track of data consumption, certainly not its WP8 customers.   

I recall a time when Orange wasowned by Hutchinson was creative innovative company (the first to introduce per second billing)  but not any longer it would seem especially as EE is also one of the last to implement the new Amber upgrade for its customers.