EE Community

Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Community Suggestions

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

This community has been created for you guys and we want to make it the best it can be, so we're really keen to hear your feedback – tell us here what you like/ what you don't like about our community -  the good, the bad and not forgetting the ugly. 

What do you think about the functionally of the site? Is it easy to navigate around the forum? Are you able to find previous posts easily? Would you improve the way you're able to post? What would you like to see more of?

And what would you like to see in community articles - do you want to hear the latest news from EE headquarters? Are you interested in phone reviews? Interviews with product experts? Or maybe you'd like to hear about the latest apps?Let us know what you want and we'll try to make it happen.

This is very much your community and your opinions will play a big part in shaping what you will see within the forum. 

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
Paul

Re: Community feedback

Hi Charlotte,

The ability to delete your own post would be nice (assuming no replies).

Cheers

Paul

Please use plain text.
Expert Contributor
350doc

[ Edited ]

Hi there, a 'view new posts' button would be great.

Also, an improvement to the user interface. Often, it takes a while for the system to allow you to type in the message box. It is also sometimes very difficult/slow to being able to edit mistakething looks like the message is continually being uploaded to the server as you type; sometimes this process takes a while to update (I am typing via my wifi).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Conor

Hey Paul,

Users can now delete their own posts.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Conor

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Bhav

Re: Community Suggestions

Hi Charlotte, 

Here are a few suggestions: 

• Speed up the refresh of the main screen Featured & Trending section. 
  • Decrease font size of headings and also space around sections especially the top as you have to initially scroll down to see the latest posts and menus! I get the whole minimal white space idea but personally think there's too much padding and waste of screen space. 
  • Can't add a photo of myself? Upload doesn't work. 
  • Have a section specific to each operating system - Windows Phone 8, iOS, Android etc and have a knowledge base section within those.
  • Show more posts by default under each menu heading. 
  • Latest news from EE and product reviews would be good. I'm happy to put myself forward for that, for free! :smileywink:
  • How about a customer offers/discounts section exclusively for those who are with EE? 
  • Only show new messages in Private Messages column on right hand side rather than all of them. 

Cheers,

Bhav

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hey Bhav and 350doc,

Thanks for the great suggestions - you've made some really good points here. 

Although I can't guarantee these changes will be made, I've noted these down as things to look into for future developments. 

Cheers,

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Bhav

I've just realised, there are many things you can change via 'My Settings' once you have logged in that'll help improved navigation and readability :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
NothingNowhere

Rather than we all clog up the community with moaning about a network outage. ( as i have today)
Could admin not put up a Global announcement re EE NETWORK DOWN.
Dont mean too teach you your job, but it does need saying.
No offence meant !
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Conor

Hi NothingNowhere,

No offense taken!

We love this idea and are looking into the best way to communicate network outages to the Community. Will come back and let you know how we get on.

Conor

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
WGC123

Would be nice to have some degree of "official" support present in the community, in the way that they're present on EE's Facebook and Twitter accounts. I know the community isn't as visible as the social sites but surely the more issues that can be solved here the better?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Conor

Hi xeepo,

Thanks for this suggestion, we are taking all the feedback and seeing what we can/ can't do to make the EE Community even more useful.

Keep the ideas coming...

Conor

Please use plain text.
DaveP

Awful customer service! Bought my partner a new Lumia 810 as Xmas present on pay as you go. Phone didnt work properly & returned to store in Argyle Street, Glasgow. They wouldnt replace as it was over a week old & suggested I go to the Nokia shop! Eventually agreed to send for repair. Just been returned with same faults. Staff are rude, unhelpful, complacent and really dont have a clue about customer service - apart from a girl called Tara. Letter been sent to HO and far from pleased.

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

Hi C,

I really dislike the current forum's UI, it looks fancy but I found it extremely difficult to navigate with.
I like the Mobile site of the forum and now I use mobile site on my desktop too.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Expert Contributor
Step666

The forum layout is terrible.

When viewing the front page of the forum, the different sections won't open in different tabs, making quick/effective navigation all but impossible.

Not to mention, if I click on a particular section (say 'Apps & More'), then click on the big turquoise box at the bottom of the page, I get taken to this page, which contains nothing more than the page I was on before. There seems to be no way to get from that page to the full section listing without going into a thread and using the links at the top of the page (the Home > Section > Thread bit at the top).

The same problem occurs when using the 'Browse community' links at the top of most pages, they take you to the '.SectionLandingPage' (the second link above) instead of the full section (the third link above).

The '.SectionLandingPage' pages need to be gotten rid of, they're a complete waste of space and only serve to make navigating the forum painful bordering on impossible.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
grooverider

A quick issue. The page selection drop-down box doesn't work on my Nokia Lumia 920 so i have to go back to the topic page and then click on the relevant page number there
Please use plain text.
Northerner

Perhaps a section on how or what is needed to unlock your iPhone on EE
Please use plain text.
Visitor
maymcqueen

I cannot view or see any post or video what is this ?please tell me how to make viewing good then I can say if this service is accurate
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Gordielaw

How about EE provide an adequate complaints process for when things go wrong? 150 doesn't always work as it really depends on who you speak to. To raise a complaint tge only way seems to be us to write to you. Not very good for a communications company. After 2 months of phones calls store visits you are still unable resolve or explain why things have happened....
Please use plain text.
Investigator
Scorpious

After reading some of the posts as well as a Kudos button there should be a vote down button for posts that are just whinging and whining and do not make any real point.

Please use plain text.