EE Community

Visitor
LordFreddie

Re: Why is EE connection just so HORRIBLY SLOW. Why cant it just maint

I changed over recently to EE broadband after years of having a satisfactory service from BT.
The only benefit is that EE is cheaper.
It's the slowest I've ever used and frustrating plus the "technical experts" in the Indian call centre aren't helpful in anyway, resorting to "have you turned it off and on again" scripts.
EE don't care. I'm told on the phone that EE are the fastest broadband in the uk and I'm wrong.

Screw you - in 12 months I'm going back to BT and can't wait.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
charles_uk

Re: Why is EE connection just so HORRIBLY SLOW. Why cant it just maint

Looks like it's happening to me too. After several years of a great connection and speeds of around 12mbs, last Sunday (6 July), we were unable to maintain a connection for more than a few minutes. It's improved then only disconnecting every hour or so but the speed has nosedived and is getting slower all the time - down to 2mbs on Saturday, 1mbs yesterday and just 0.5mbs this morning.

Several long phone calls have resulted in me having to move my router, unscrew phone points, and being told to look for a master phone socket that we do not have. It's driving me mad.

Would the fact that BT are doing fibre optic work in the area have any impact on speeds from the exchange? And I will happily admit I don't understand how these things work - I just want to switch my pc on and enjoy browsing at decent speeds!

Please use plain text.