EE Community

D-T
D-T

Stopping Magic Number texts

Hi,

Is there any way I can stop the "Congratulations: you can sign up for another Magic Number"?

I'm getting them repeatedly throughout the day & getting very annoyed with them. Surely telling me once should be enough!

Many thanks

D-T

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 94
Kudos: 1,141
Solutions: 713

Re: Stopping Magic Number texts

Ring 150 and ask them to be stopped

Or you can use Twitter, Facebook or PM @CustomerService

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Visitor
regularguy

What is going on here? Both my wife and myself have been bombarded with texts about adding a new magic number for several days now and I'm getting mighty sick of it. A quick trawl around the web suggests others are having the same problem.

The 150 number is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, the menu system is clearly intended to prevent you from speaking to an actual person. Roll on October when I can escape from this stupid company with its slow website and inaccessible customer services.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PleaseFixThis

Managed to get through to someone via 150 yesterday They confirmed that there was a network fault which was being worked on. Sent me a SIM update but this made no difference -the texts are still arriving.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
spile

Seems to be a major problem affecting all users. I've had 6 of these in the last few hours. Rung Orange CS via landline and there is a recorded message referring to this specific issue. Hopefully they'll sort this our asap

Please use plain text.
Explorer
nirishdaisy

I have had 23 messages about this in less than 3 days.  It's really doing my head in.    Hubby has had nearly as many.  I rang CS yesterday and was assured if I took out my sim card and battery the messages would stop.  Needless to say they haven't.  I agree with others - roll on October until we can change providers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PleaseFixThis

Between 09:17 & 15:49 I have had eleven texts, but non since - perhaps the problem has been fixed. I would have hoped that EE/Orange Customer Services would have noticed these reports & if as, I was told, the issue is known about, a post to this effect would have been good customer service & saved me & others from having to navigate though the 150 maze of options in an attempt to speak to someone to explain the problem. Does anyone know if there is a 'Service update' website which EE/Orange use to update its customers about known technical/network issues & estimated 'fixing' time? My broadband ISP has one.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PleaseFixThis

Not fixed - just got another .......!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PleaseFixThis

Please use plain text.
Explorer
Sprocket85

I've had around 40 in the last 3 days and they're driving me crazy. Upgrade date is September and after 15 years of appalling customer service I can safely say that this is the final nail in the coffin for me, I'll most certainly be changing networks 

Please use plain text.
Investigator
Trethbos

I'm getting blocks of about 6 texts 3 times a day 18+ per day. Driving me mad....

150 told me the system is stuck in a loop and they are working on it. I write software, it should be fixed now!

150 said, just delete the texts......., put your texts on silent..... Great help!

Asked for Magic numbers texts to be permenantly switched off, but told this was a 'back office function' and can not be disabled, pointed them to Orange Help where it says just contact 150 for it to be switched off and they investigated......

It may now be switched off, but will have to wait 24hours for update   :smileysad:       just 10 hours to go for peace!

Please use plain text.
Explorer
Allij

I called them yesterday and was told it would be sorted within 24hrs - received more than usual yesterday and last one was at 7:20pm and I thought that was the last of it, but no was woken b4 7am again with more of the same and another 4 since Getting beyond a joke now!
Please use plain text.
EE Community Team
Miles

Hi all,

Unfortunately we're having an issue with the text message service that reminds people they are eligible to add another magic number. This reminder should only be sent once, but some customers are getting multiple reminders.

If you've received any of these duplicate messages, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. Remember: you're not charged to receive magic number reminders.

Our team is working on a fix that will stop any further instances of multiple reminders happening.

We're expecting an additional update on this fix tomorrow. I'll post here as soon as I have further details.

Thanks,
Miles

EE Community team

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Please use plain text.
Explorer
bobbybeer

I reported this today. I have 2 phones on the account. They said they would stop these texts as I am a 'loyal customer'. They have stopped on ONE of our phones but seem to be worse now on the other!

Please use plain text.
Investigator
andrewgpain

I started receiving these on Friday, and up till now (Monday morning) have had about 40. 4 this morning.

I tried for 20 minutes on saturday to get through on 150, and when I did stumble on an option and connected to someone (with a phony english-sounding name) the call dropped as she couldn't hear me. She called back after the system saw multiple failed calls from me, and told there was a server issue in the philipines, and because of the typhoon they were unable to fix it, as they don't work sundays!

She recommended I download a 3rd party package to block their own texts!

I've been an orange customer for 15 years - 10 on a company account and the last 5 as an individual - and the service has fallen off a cliff since the T-Mobile acquisition.

You can't talk to people any more; you used to get straight through to a friendly helpful CSA.

The menus are designed to get you AWAY from customer services.

The website's also crap.

and I've got 18 months left on my contract.

and here's another text from them.....

Please use plain text.
Explorer
Ohno_magic_spam

Argh! When will these messages stop? My wife and I are are in Belgium at the moment, both getting these annoying texts.

How much does that cost me?

Surely if they have a program looping, just stop running it, Test it and put live again when it works.

I am sure nobody wants these text messages anyway!

EE / Orange stop harrasing your customers.

Steve & Magda - Two ex-customer in a years time (when the every increasing contract runs out).

Please use plain text.
Explorer
dpkbrice

In the last four days I have received 92 Magic number texts and have had three so far today. I have called Orange three times as I have not been an Orange customer for over four years and this is ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
gadget50

as someone else said orange customer services the worst ever. 150 designed to make you hang up. no email contact. take a look at my rant.  gadget50. come end of contract i,m going tescos sim only. ditch orange/ee

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Blacknest

Got my first Magic Numbers text on Friday morning and have now had 24 notifications (make that 25) and counting. . . Can't believe that Orange/EE don't even have the courtesy to send a text apologising to their beleaguered customers, but then again - if they don't have the ability to fix the current fault - they probably wouldn't know how to ensure they don't accidentally send out multiple apology texts!

Please use plain text.
Explorer
SueC

None of those work!
Please use plain text.