Explorer
Yellowamanda198

No signal!

HiyaHit ya just wondering if any body else is having trouble with signal since the change over to EE? I can't even make callers from home :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
LizzA-M

Re: No signal!

I had wonderful signal up until the weekend. Now i have 'No Signal' everywhere. I can't call anyone to get help, as theres no signal! Went to the EE shop who were very helpful, told me I needed a sim swap and sorted me out, however it hasn't fixed anything. Surely there should be a press release somewhere for this kind of large scale problem, so we know whats going on!

Please use plain text.
Investigator
stevebills

going to cancel my contract if its not sorted out by next week
Please use plain text.
Investigator
stevebills

I get n signal in my house and have to go out side to make a call im on EE wioth an iphone 5

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jacko21

Had Orange, then Orange / T-Mobile for 3 years and no probs, then EE take over and about 6 weeks ago the mobile signal has gone...If I drive about 3 miles away it's fine, but at home it is zilch !  EE said there no were 'signal problems', then said turn flight mode on and off on my phone (?)...which I did, but zilch. Everybody is complaining but EE are not giving answers...

Please use plain text.
Explorer
allan1256

Hi thanks for posting when you where sold the contract diden't EE do a signal check with to see weather it is avalible to you EE signal only works in major cities and towns rural pleaces will be affected with loss of signal problem also EE should of told you that it is still roling out its services to serv 98% of the uk by 2014 

but to switch it to use t-mobile or oranges signal 

go to setting on the phones menue click on mobile network swtich it from automatic to maneal and once it gets a t-mobile or orangr signal select it but this will beable you to use the 3G network at your home 

Please use plain text.
Explorer
atulb

Yes, I have the same issue since moving to EE. 

In watford I don't signal in some areas yet orange or t-moble is fine. 

Anothe example is Brent Cross , in Boot EE no sign yet T-mobile is fine . 

EE answer it's a faulty phone, if it faulty phone then it should work in ant area.

Also I think the service is rubbish , was on the phone for 35 minutes with NO answer.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
atulb

I think they sort the signal issues first before doubling the speed !!!!

Please use plain text.
Explorer
allan1256

HI when you took out the contact EE should of showen you...

HI when you took out the contact EE should of showen you a signal coverage map EE4G isent avalible in all areas yet only in major cities london birmingham bristol bath manchester sheffield and some major towns basildon essex southend-on-sea are being trialed at the mo 

Please use plain text.
suziwoodee

Re: HI when you took out the contact EE should of showen you...

I live and work in and around the centre of Birmingham and so does my boyfriend. Neither of us have had signal for the past 2 days now... Turned it off and on, turned flight mode off and on and nothing. This happens frequently too. 

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 94
Kudos: 1,136
Solutions: 710

I I also live in watford and always have 4G signal.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Russ68

Hi
Been with orange ten years .since ee was formed we lost our signal in the shop where I work in April may and they said they would send out a booster box it is now September they are rubbish And they can't tell you when or if they are going to sort it out. What can we do the shop is in the city of London our capital city and they can't get it . One theory I have herd is that they have reduced the actual phone coverage in favour 4g . I have wasted hours on the phone complaining so what do we do. It's sounds like they want us to leave because they have offered that or half price contract but just want to be able to use my phone at work
HELP
Please use plain text.
Nikhilsoni99

hi...im also facing same problem.....no singal inside house.....to make call or chek text need to go outside of home...and customer service is not helpful at all......when asked about singal box..t-mobile customer service disconnect the call...it happpen 5 time in last 4 days....

Please use plain text.
Explorer
miberhouse

Do not count on getting a 'booster box' from EE.

Despite being told by EE store staff and the EE website that I will get full 3G inside and outside my place, I get nothing... and this is in London. Friends come over with their Vodafone or O2 phones and make and receive calls with no problems at all.

I have tried 3 different phones and, to be fair, EE have sent me a replacement Sim as they said it was probably a faulty sim... But nothing has worked. I cannot even send a text. When I do receive a text it's a notification of a missed call because I have no signal!! It's so bad that I have put a message on my voicemail apologising for not answering and explaining that "Everything Everywhere" is really "Not much of Anything Anywhere"... This is the worst phone service I have experienced in more than 20 years of mobile phone usage!

I'm self employed and depend on the phone for business, but it makes no difference to EE. I requested a boost box and was told it was EE policy not to provide them unless THEY do something to their coverage and it can be proved that what they did has effected a users reception. EE say as I'm in an existing EE 'black spot' they will not provide a boost box. Looks like it is my fault because I live where I do. ??Why is no coverage black spot shown on thei coverage map in my area?? 

They will not let me out of my contact unless I pay them more than £700!!! I have a phone service that is totally useless and I think EE are miss-selling by saying they provide coverage when they clearly do not. 

So, don't expect to see a boost box... or any support of sympathy from EE. Conside putting a voice message on your voice mail explaining your situation so that your friends and colleagues don't think your ignoring them and make sure you share your experience with anyone you know who might be thinking of moving to EE. That's what I'm doing - as well as communicating all of this to Trading Standards. 

Please use plain text.
Investigator
coggster

I too get really bad signal on my iPhone 5. I get dropped signal all the time too and will be leaving EE (T-Mobile) at the first available opportunity.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Ericthehal

[ Edited ]

The coverage checker , has a disclaimer which is worthy of the money they pay their law firm .There are problems with no EE declared reps on this site.
Eric

Please use plain text.
Investigator
imperticus

Ever since the launch of 4GEE, 3G network coverage has been really poor. In East London, and cannot get more than 1Mbps. It's shocking!
Please use plain text.
qq
Visitor
qq

I have been with ASDA mobile since 2007 they were fantastic fair play, real cheap to run, on pay as you go. their network was Vodaphone and i had signal everywhere, unfortunately ASDA have decided to move to EE. Now i have no signal at all. If i am lucky i get ROAMING sometimes! And can make a call or send TXT but it is very RARE. My phone is pretty much useless using EE, what on earth is going on. Should i wait for EE to improve, or Should i find another network? 

Please use plain text.
Michelle40

I am currently having the same problem. Cannot get any signal in the house which is causing me to miss out on calls and am unable to make any outgoing calls. If I drive a few yards down the road it starts working again. This has been a problem for the last couple of months. Get your act together EE. Never had this issue with TMobile
Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
David_M

Hi Michelle40,

Sorry to hear this, please can you use our troubleshooting guide located here to see if this helps you.

Regards,

David M

Please use plain text.