EE Community

Investigator
cressyjack

No service, 4G or 3G, in Leeds LS25 - EE tech support refuse to acknowledge issue

[ Edited ]

Anybody know how to make EE or T-mobile actually acknowledge there is a problem?!

I live in Aberford LS25 3A  and since late Saturday evening 16th March there has been no signal in the village, its now 7.40pm 18th.  Usually there is a good signal along with 3g data but i cannot get on the network on either my Iphone5, Noika Classic 6100 or girlfriends iphone4.

Having left home at 7am today with no signal and gone 1/4 mile towards Garforth the signal comes back, all day at work there is a signal but coming back home as i go into the village the signal goes off.  So i went back up the hill and the signal comes back, ringing technical support the advisor checks the coverage in my area and tells me that coverage including internet is spot on, this check was refreshed 5 minutes ago he tells me.  

Explaining  that i am fairly aware of my phone / networks etc and this is happening on different 3 phones 3 different models and also happened 3 weeks ago on a sunday for 24 hours and again 8 weeks prior also on a Sunday for 24 hours I beg for him to look into it further.... All he can suggest is txting  yes to 2121 to look for a stronger signal / mast  but this is not a know problem for the other 2 phones or to ring us back when this happens 5 times with the date and time, really?!

Starting to go down the hill there are another 3 people sat in their cars, also on mobiles how amusing, I guess with the same problem!!  Managing to speak to one of these people he says he has T-mobile, had the problem since Friday, has called technical many times, had his daughter and boyfriend over for the wk end and all of them experience the same issues!!  But if he goes up the hill he gets a signal.

Come on EE / t-mobile sort it out.... what does it take!?  Can your advisors really not search call logs to see what else has gone on?!  BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE which is DENIAL really?

If I search for other networks it shows me Voda and o2 but no EE 

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Re: No service, 4G or 3G, in Leeds LS25 - EE tech support refuse to acknowledge issue

[ Edited ]

For some stupid reason, EE have now also removed the call centre menus that used put you straight through to networks/faults (the 'something's not working' call menu option)????

You used to be able to use that menu option, speak to networks directly, who would either look up the fault themselves or at least speak to someone higher up the chain about issues.  Last time I used this, they even called me back on my landline due to the network issues I was suffering.

Why this option has been removed is anyones's guess?  EE not wanting anyone to report network issues now or standard customer servcie expected to deal with more issues/problems they are not training to deal with?

All I suggest you do is ask to be put through to networks/faults otherwise take matters further via EE's Exec Offices.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Flagrag

Re: No service, 4G or 3G, in Leeds LS25 - EE tech support refuse to acknowledge issue

If you follow EE on Twitter you can see that EE have lots of network issues around the country often due to work taking place on masts or down due to a fault.
Why can't EE like Vodafone,O2 or 3 have a detailed network staus page where you can put postcode in to see when network maintainance is taking place in your area and also to show when a mast is down faulty ? Just letting their customers down and creating extra work for call centres and social media team as must be 50-60 queries a day you see on Twitter each time people have to give postcodes and makes the network look worse than probably is as newsfeed just full of issues.
Hopefully Charlotte, the new mod or a member of EE staff can pick up on this
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Again +1

Please use plain text.
Investigator
cressyjack

So still "no service" this morning when i wake up, 60 hours and counting with no signal, I go up the hill and the signal comes back.

Call CS who again checks the area status and then goes through the same diagnostics and questions as the night before with CS again asking for 5 examples!!  I have "no service" for 60 hours does this still does not count as 5 examples, so i list various times over the 60 hours and demand this is escalated higher.... CS eventually agreeing.

I am now on "2nd line" technical, similar questions but slightly less demeaning and perhaps this time believing me there is a problem.  I ask about the CS service advisors and them checking the network status in the area and to my AMAZEMENT tells me that only now that I have battled my way through to "2nd line"  will the issue be logged on the system for anybody else calling up 1st line support and the check the CS advisors do simply checks to see if anybody else has made a fault log.... SO i assume this means 100 people ring up within and hour make the same complaint and are all told there is no issues because nobody has forced their way through to 2nd line technical support, JOKE EE / T-mobile.  Sort it out.

2nd line have now escalated this to the engineers and have promised to keep me update, fingers crossed they wont just check the same system!

Please use plain text.
Northerner

Had a similar problem in LS27 since last night with the signal completely dropping early this morning.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
cressyjack

[ Edited ]

We are back up running now, 2nd line came back to me after hearing back from the enginners who had found a fault.  How are you getting on in LS27?

Please use plain text.
Northerner

Seems to be ok now. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Investigator
cressyjack

Signals down, 11 months we have had a good run!

Usual arrogance from customer service in order to get thru to tech support.....

Tech support are aware and tell me work is currently been undertaken to the 2G side and 3G should be available but becuase there is more demand as no 2G connecting might be patchy....  Really  EE we have 3 good phones in the house and not one can get signal.

Poor. 

Please use plain text.