EE Community

Investigator
christof21

Network trouble. New EE customer

I've only been with EE a couple of months, but the last 24 hours my network connection has been terrible.

I'm using an iPhone 5c with a new EE nano sim.

I checked the coverage checker on the EE website prior to agreeing on this tarrif, and it shows solid 4G coverage for my postcode, BB4 4PE

In reality, what I really get is either no service at all, or a 1 bar 2G connection.

When I do have coverage, I have instances where I am unable to make a call. People are unable to call me, and telling me it's going straight to voicemail, when I have signal and can make a call, I get dropped calls frequently.

I have so far done the following with no change

- take out sim card and clean it

- tried an alternate network sim card that works fine (O2)

- done factory reset of my phone

- made sure all carrier settings are up to date

Can someone from EE please offer some help with this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Investigator
christof21

Re: Network trouble. New EE customer

Bump. Plenty of views to this. Still sat here with no signal as soon as I get home.

I know mobile operators have this get out clause of not guaranteeing indoor coverage, but I can also stand outside my front window and still get no signal
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
JohnnyButcher

I don't have much experience with Apple myself - more an Android man. Have you connected to wi-fi to see if there are any iOS updates that it wants to do? I know that realistically, it should work out of the box....

I can only suggest calling EE from another phone to log the issue as soon as possible: If you have a faulty handset, it'd be better to report it sooner rather than later in case it has to go through a repair process.

Finally, it might be worth adding your post to the EE Apple iOS Devices forum to see if someone is lurking in there that can assist!

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]
There is also quite a substantial outage in that area at the minute (I work just up the road from there), with at least 1 EE and Three mast completely out of service. It's effecting EE 2G/3G and 4G in that area as well as Three 3G.
Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
Investigator
christof21

Jmitchel - where did you find out about the outage?
Please use plain text.
Investigator
christof21

Johnny - phone is fully up to date, and works fine with another network SIM card in it. Don't worry pal, already been down the thinking it's the handset route.
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

From people at work have also have no service in that area all week.  It has been reported to EE but there is no time frame for a fix yet.

Where I work (in Rising Bridge) I have had no 4G coverage this week (was up and down last week too), though 3G and 2G is working in that area as that comes from a different EE mast (the one on Manchester road near Hollands pies)

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Any updates on this outage from anyone at EE please? Still no service in this area?
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Currently at work and 4G has returned here this morning so I suspect the fault has now been fixed in this area :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.