jph Investigator
Investigator
jph

Network Status

I can't seem to find a web page that shows the status of the Network, does this exist. Other netowrks have reasonably good systems where you can type in your postcode and get the status of the local cell towers. It's very useful as at least you know if the problem is your phone or the netowrk.

Posting this because I have no internet today in London, traveld from North London to central and still no data, would be good to know EE acknowledge the problem.

Established Contributor
daveuk

Re: Network Status

Same here, same location. The problem isn't you. EE CSR told me that I was the fourth call she'd had this morning with same issue and escalation would take 24 hours. Poor. Data cut off two weeks into contract having had 8 uninterrupted years with T-Mobile. Ominous.
Investigator
step-hen

No internet connection in Chertsey, Surrey.

jph Investigator
Investigator
jph

I did manage to find their service status page here:

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=fals...

However, it dosen't seem to be updated with the current issue. I also spoke to customer service, I got through  very quickly and they straight away admited the issue, if they just updated the site would have saved both of us the time withthe phone call.

Investigator
davidhanson90

Same here. Came in from Sevenoaks which was dead at 8am and now in London Bridge at 10:30 still dead. 

Phoned EE and got some vague answer about a global problem where some people had a message asking them to upgraded them bundle.  I haven't had this, just no internet. 

This is my first day on EE and not really filling me with confidence. 

Investigator
MobyBluff

Haven't seen a 4G signal all morning,  and although I see 3g I get a "PDP Authorisation" error when I try and use Safari.

My  phone is also flitting between "no service" and 1/2 bars.

This is in London.

Pathetic

Established Contributor
daveuk

@Charlotte,

There is obviously a pretty widespread data connectivity problem across parts of London and the South East since this morning. Personally, I was receiving a message that my data allowance had been used up (it hadn't nor anything like it) and when I called to query with EE, they said that the CSRs had no visibility of my unbilled usage (for privacy reasons?!) and so couldn't tell whether this was correct. This obviously makes no sense for a number of reasons, not least that I can see my unbilled usage but that CS can't!

In any event, they said they were escalating as they had received many similar calls already this morning.

Any chance you can use your customer service connections to ensure that this is properly investigated and recitified asap? If, e.g., the system is incorrectly zeroing data allowances, this would be easily rectified in the interim by giving affected customers free bundles of additional data while the problem is fixed.

Thanks.

Investigator
ichrisdavies

Same in Bristol

PDP Failure, no 4G signal at all, keeps dropping off to no service

Calls and Text are fine, but no internet access at all

It did bring up the upgrade bundle once on safari saying i need more data??

Now its just the PDP message..

Investigator
ichrisdavies

Oh I also called EE and they said I had used 240mb of data since last Monday which I know is miles off

The iPhone mobile data says I have used around 81mb! (up and down combined)

Something at EE is very wrong, so I have cancelled my contract and go back to my T-Mobile plan which should be done within 48 hours...... will see

Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me know about this - I've alerted the CS team to this issue and I'll make sure to pass on any information I receive.

Cheers,

Charlotte.

Investigator
ichrisdavies

Thanks Charlotte

I am really worried about this data issue, there is no way on earth I have used 240mb since last Monday

However the guy on customer services said it is correct, but the iphone says a third of that!

Plus any idea how long this is going to be down, my phone is going no service, 3G, no service all the time!

Cheers

chris

Explorer
pearce87

Started using new EE sim this morning after switching from Orange. Phone number has been transferred and calls and texts work. But no internet access - PDP authentication error. Edinburgh.

Investigator
MobyBluff

unbelieveable!  LTE just came back so I chanced Safari.

Apparently I have now used my entire 5gig of data.

How on earth did that happen?    I tell you how....IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !!

What on earth is going on?

lintel2

i am in sheffield and cant get ee totally gone now has been flitting from 2 bars to nothing for over 2 weeks
Contributor
vagish

I got no data connection, then for 1 minute I got data connection and it showed a usage of 0MB out of 0MB. Then told me to buy a data add-on.

It also told me my 3GB add-on expired on 11th November and that is when I joined EE.

Creepiest thing is I've only used 666MB of Data according to my phone... Had to do work on the train here, so lost out on billable hours. 

I called 150, and the guy told me to buy an add-on then I said I didn't use the data limit. The guy wouldn't believe me, then told me he would escalate it to Technical Support who he had to email. I thought I was already talking to Technical Support. He said he had no clue how long it would take. Not helpful AT ALL. Didn't really make me feel relaxed, and was pretty much making me feel like he thought it was my fault.

I've had good customer service from EE, until today. Really dissapointed. At least he should have said other people have similar issues.

Established Contributor
daveuk

To the last two posters and anyone else worried about having used their data allowance:

Barring a massive coincidence, don't worry - you haven't used your allowance. EE is currently experiencing some kind of major data meltdown which we now know affects customers from (at least) London to Bristol.

You can completely disregard what CS tell you re data allowances. The girl I spoke to this morning said that I was the fourth person with the same issue (that she alone had spoken to) and that she had told the first person that they must have used up their allowance, because the system can't be wrong (heaven help us all!). However, since many people had reported the same issue, she displayed remarkable intelligence in concluding that it was obviously an EE error!

It looks like it is manifesting itself in various ways depending on the handset you have among other things.

Let's just hope it gets resolved very quickly otherwise I foresee merry hell being raised.

Investigator
davidhanson90

@Charlotte, 

Can you get them to update the status page with some real info of the problem as its the lack of communication that is really the source of frustration.   I don't mind outages so much as long as they are not all the time and that the company communicates the problems effectively. 

jph Investigator
Investigator
jph

Fully agree, I think most early adopters appreciate there may be a few teething issues. As long as we are notfied that there is a problem most people don't mind. It's can't be that hard to update the status page, and would save a lot of pain, and negative publicity on twitter etc
Investigator
ichrisdavies

vagish

I had exactly the same conversation with EE

They said I have used a load of data that I know i havent!

Was told it was correct and I was wrong, poor, very poor service

the customer is always right?? not with EE

Investigator
Telford240

I have just spent 30 Minutes on the phone as they have told me I have used 3.5gig in two weeks, impossible I said, was put on hold and now adviced thereis a problem that they are working on, I now have the PDP error and I am from Sunderland, North East, this seems to be affecting everywhere, Sick as a chip