EE Community

Contributor
olidea

Emergency calls only since yesterday and no new EE sim in sight

Since yesterday afternoon I can't connect to the EE network. I get "emergency calls only" on my phone (Galaxy S3) and cannot make/receive calls or text messages. I've tried seaching for networks and connecting to both the EE networks that appear - both give me an error message saying my SIM is not registered on that network.

Any ideas on this one? I've tried the old turn it off and on again, tried removing the battery/SIM etc., searching for the networks as I said, nothing seems to be helping. I'll pop into the EE shop but won't be able to get there 'til the weekend so thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

Re: Emergency calls only since yesterday and no new EE sim in sight

Maybe you need a replacement sim. Phone 150 then 33
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olidea

Suspect you're right - can't ring 150 unfortunately :smileyhappy: Will give the customer service line a ring tomorrow, brace myself for another half hour on hold. Just hoping that someone on here might have something else to try in the meantime. Thanks for your reply!

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

It would be easier to just pop into your nearest EE store as they should be able to give you a new SIM card and do the SIM swap for you there and then; much easier and quicker than having to wait for a new SIM card to be posted to you :smileyhappy:

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olidea

Yep, that's true - I'll try and get in before the weekend if I can, thanks! Still waiting for the 4G SIM to arrive - they told me they couldn't give me one of those in the shop, but hopefully they can at least give me a 3G replacement for my current one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
olidea

Managed to pop in today. They rang customer services, the first of whom basically told them off for calling with a customer issue, which they descibed as "idiotic". Then they managed to get through to someone else who was more helpful - turns out my EE SIM had been returned to EE, even though it had never been delivered to my home. They hadn't informed me of this but had still cancelled my old tmobile SIM, resulting in me being disconnected. Handily, the EE store had some SIMs available and could transfer me over to a new SIM. They put it in my phone, turned it back on and I instantly got onto 4G :smileyhappy: Unfortunate series of events leading up to this, but the shop staff were really helpful and seemed to be under a lot of stress dealing with customer service calls - two other customers in the same position as me with all 3 staff on hold or being transferred between departments on the phone to customer services. This seems like a really tough position for EE shop staff and must be quite hard work when they have repeated unhappy customers. Hopefully some of these teething problems with the network merge will go away over time.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
willz08z

Just happened to me recently on gs3. Worked fine for a day then cut out and gave me the same problem, went to ee shop and got help- they gave me a new SIM and after a days use the phone brings up the same problem. Could this be a fault with the phone or SIM?
Please use plain text.
Explorer
shazwms

my phone is the same cant make calls or txts. they said they would phone me back in a minute STILL WAITING!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Explorer
shazwms

Mine is also a galaxy it's a  s111 mini, was fine till about 5pm yesterday now says emergency calls only and not registered to any network customer service guy couldn't help said his colleague would call me back still waiting!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.