Explorer
plupp4ever

EE complaint

I want to complain (again) about my EE 4G plan which isn't working (again). I have perfect reception and supposedly free minutes and texts. My data has run out. Yet, I can't make any call (says call failed). I can't receive calls (goes straight to voicemail). I can't buy more data (safari doesn't load anything and the EE app says it can't connect). I can't use my phone for anything, and that's with an EE plan for which I pay north of £40 a month.

Since my EE phone is not working I can't call you to complain. Last time I went to an EE shop I had to wait for 45 minutes to get any help. I thought I could send an e-mail, but the website suggest that the next best option to calling or walking into a store is writing a letter and put it in the mail.

Surely, it isn't right that Britain's first and supposedly leading provider of 4G does not communicate electronically, but only by phone, in person or by letter?

I'm fed up with EE to the stage that I'm about to forget about the 18 torturous month left on my contract, keep paying for it, throw away the sim and get a plan with any other provider. I've used the services of countless providers in Europe, in North America and in Asia. Never ever have I come across anything as appalling in terms service and functionality as EE.

I suppose no one from EE will actually read this or come back to me, but it would be highly appreciated if they could. For anyone else reading this trying to make up their mind about joining EE - Don't do it. Just don't do it.

PS

I just ran a spell checker before posting this. EE's own spell check doesn't recognise the word "EE". What a freaking joke.

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 109
Kudos: 1,463
Solutions: 1,008

Re: EE complaint

Actually this is not a EE hosted forum. It is hosted by lithium so it's Lithium's spell check that can't spell EE and that's because EE is not in the oxford dictionary
Brendon

EE Contact Details

150 from EE Mobile
07953 966250 from any other phone

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Grant190492

[ Edited ]

I work for EE, and I am reading your post. The way you have described your issue it seems as though the Sim Card is not actually registered to your number. If you ever remember having a Blackberry and it saying Sim not Provisioned, that is basically the same thing. Your Sim Card has a serial number on it, and thats how the network distinguishes between people, not mobile numbers... so in the event your sim card develops an error, or an error occurs on our side, this can lead to call problems.

The main settings you need from your Sim is Call Outgoing, Call Incoming, and Data... your texts and picture messaging are sent over this data as well, you just have a different setting for it in your phone that only applies when sending a MMS.

It sounds to me like you need a new Sim Card, have you got any further with your enquiry?

I work for EE... but all opinions and advice posted here is from my own personal experience. If you find this post useful then say thank you by saying Kudos :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Explorer
KWEE

That is saying something about the EE service then. Why are not making these suggestions when you call them ?

I am having also very similar frustrating calls. No one will own my problem and cAll me back with updates or I do...
Please use plain text.
Explorer
zane07961

i've been waiting 15 days for service. i ported from O2 to T-mobile (existing contract), then transferred that to EE but nothing has happened at all. no network service at all but a bill for £56 lol. made several calls etc but mothing has happened from that, been to the local store as well, the manager there has been a great help. i emailed the executive office and Olaf Swantee and Stuart Jackson but no reply from anyone.

i am now migrating backwards to T-mobile, hope that works lol

Please use plain text.
Investigator
Balundra

I started years ago with Orange and now have 3 contracts with Orange and EE  but have found the help system has deteriorated recently and it's very difficult to get any support except by phone - e.g. no email customer service point?

Today, I had to drive  25miles - that's the trouble living in the sticks - to Edinburgh, where I received excellent help from an EE/Orange staffer who was able to sort out part of my problem but I'm still unable to use my original Blackberry phone which worked fine for years, with the new sim card supplied by EE/Orange.  Also, they seem to have credited the WRONG account when I topped the sim up with £10 this week, so the card has no credit on it, can't be used, and when I try to enter the  original  number it's supposed to be used with - using  another mobile- the number is no longer accepted, though it still shows on my on line.account pages.

This is after a week trying to get the same sim card working.  People send codes to it, without success, and some even promise to phone "next day" to make sure all's well, but fail to keep their promise.

It's quite frustrating simply trying to get what I've paid for out of the EE/Orange set up now.  Why not simply allocate staff to take problem emails and process things through to the solution, as used to happen?

The cost of calls is another factor: 25p each time I rang to try to get this fixed. 

Poor service and after so many years, perhaps I ought to move to another supplier.

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Sorcha

Hi plupp4ever,

We'd like to help. Could you send us the contents of your post in a private message, including your mobile numebr and full name and we can take it from there. If you could send your message using the link   HERE 

Thanks

Sorcha   

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Paul_R

@plupp4ever We've not heard from you regarding this issue, if you still need support drop us a private message. Thanks.

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Please use plain text.