Visitor
scottiecb19
Accepted Solution

EE Signal Box

Hi,

I have very poor signal in my home, despite trying to use 3g to boost the signal, nothing works.

I understand EE/T-Mobile/Orange have a 'Signal Box' which you can plug into a home router and it improves your signal. How can you get these boxes?

Skilled Contributor
camperdown9

Re: EE Signal Box

Hi

If you do a search on this forum there are lots of posts about these. 

Officially EE  (like O2 and their version) only sell signal boxes to customers on business tariffs. 

There are some reports of consumers being able to buy these because their signal has changed due to the decommissioning of a cell tower, but they are few and far between.

Put it this way call EE and ask to end your contract due to signal issues, they will say goodbye to a customer rather than sell them a signal box.

At some point this might change and signal box might become more available but not so far.

Alex

Explorer
Louisey91

They are hoping to get signal boxes in very shortly as the current supplier made them End of Line. The signal boxes should be back in stock and available to buy in the coming months, so i have heard :smileyhappy:

Visitor
theaton56

I have just received mine Free Of Charge.  It is easy to use and took me less than 5 minutes to set it up less than an hour to have it activated.

My house has 4 Orange contract users and we all had the same issue - having to go outside 90% of the time to make a call. 

I made a call on the landline to their technical support who after having me make numerous changes & resets to the phone; escalated it up to the next level of tech support.

I was then offered a Signal Box and it took about 2 months for them to come in.  I had a text the other day stating that it had been ordered followed by a text saying that it was due for delivery yesterday.

Arrived during day, unpacked and operational within the hour and all 4 of us have a solid signal

Explorer
ANTNO6

Have not had signal in 4 days..Apparently just informed bad area..Wasnt bad when they renewed my contract...Told service was getting much better......Crap service..Told no signal boosters available..Have friends in area saying same..As not getting service paid for will migrate to another service..Seeking legal advice on cancelling contract due to non provision of contracted service.....Help desk just said wait for a few months and it may improve..Not paying anymore for no signal....Vodafone is fine where I live..Will post this to as many forums as I can until resolved...Lose the battle win the war......Had enough...
Explorer
Kevmoz

I rang EE following the reading of this message. They said they would look at what yhey could do, but couldn't promise anything. Tuesday yhe box arrived 24 hours later I have full signal at home after years of asking if there was anything that could be done. Well done EE top job and thanks.
bollyboy

Hi,

Did you receive the box 24hrs from phoning to complain ?

They have had me waiting ages saying they were out of stock.

Explorer
Kevmoz

Theybhave just recieved new stock. They had a bad batch by all accounts so had to find a new supplier. Plugged the box in, rang EE who set it up at my home and 24 hours later all is working fine.

I have 4 phones on contract with them and I have a business account so I dont know if that made a difference.
Established Contributor
nawaz7nz

I have tried to get a signal box since the signal in my home went down. Rang Orange numerous times they will not give me one because they think that there is nothing worng with signal that I am receiving. Even though a customer service representative said that I will be receiving one this week.

The staff at Orange don't have a clue when they are dealing with signal problems, as they are giving false information every time I ring customer services.

I have had enough of the service that I have been receiving, I have been complaining for about 3 months and nothing has been done about it.  I will be leaving Orange at the end of the year. 

They have just lost a loyal customer that has been with them for over 10 years.  

bollyboy

I have been complaining for ages with zero result !

I phoned again today and the fellow i spoke with sorted one immediately and said it would be with me in 7 days.

It all depends on the CS adviser by the sound of things. He did say they had only just come back in stock from July

so you better be quick to grab one.

Best of luck :smileyhappy:

Contributor
dizzy4528

[ Edited ]

I was promised a signal box over a month ago and still no box and no contact from EE as when to expect one , I have had no signal at my home address for over 6 weeks now due to EE decommisioning the mast in my area and reley on my mobile for emergency contacts as i am diabetic and have my mobile set up to emergency call members of my family in the event i have a Hypo ( dangerous low blood suger levels ) . I have had to buy a o2 sim and cheap phone to reactivate this faciltiy as o2 is the only signal available inside my home.

Established Contributor
nawaz7nz

Finally after 3 months of complaining and moaning, I received my signal box in the post, works like a charm no signal issues.  EE finally started to listen to me and issued me with one. I think they need to start giving others customers affected by signal issues. 

bollyboy

Hi

How long after them saying you could have one did it take to arrive. i was told one was being send around 3-4 weeks ago and it's stil not here.

They did originally say a week but then after phoning some 10 days after they said a realistic timescale is 30 days !

Seems a lottery whether you get these boxes or not.

bollyboy

Just to add, spoke with EE again and they now say 7 weeks delivery !

So 7 days has now gone to 7 weeks, when he told me the 7 days originally the CS guy said they had just come back in stock

and i was fortunate to be amongst the first for deliveries.

Come on EE tell the truth for once :smileysad:

exempteverywher

I was promised a replacement Signal boost box was on the way weeks ago -(existing one has packed up but worked well whilst functioning -) howver when started to chase I was told the "brains" in executive office had put the supply of these boxes Out to Tender - sounds about their standard- failing to stock up on the items before they stopped trading with existing supplier at the same time as they turn off even more masks to save themselves money with no regard to the customers who live in the more remote areas who have orange/ee contracts based on the Smoke and Mirrors signal coverage map they promote - the future's blight the future's Exempted everywhere!

Established Contributor
nawaz7nz

I received my signal box within 3 days. Had no problem with the availability of the signal box. It depends who you talk to and it depends if they want to help you. Just keep on complaining like me and you will eventually get one. I had to do 3 months of complaining. Good luck
Skilled Contributor
camperdown9

Hi

I have little to no EE signal in my house and was only on a 30 day sim only tariff. I like EE for the 4G data speeds I could get on the train into London, but haveing no usable signal at home was an issue. 

Yesterday I gave it one last try to get a signal box and was simply told no, so I asked for my pac and am off. 

I am going to have to live with slower data speeds but I can't go on forever paying for a product I only get to use a few times a month.  

Alex

Greggers

I've got two phones on contract with T-Mobile and one with Orange, going to move the Orange one over soon when the contract runs out.

Just phoned up to try and get a signal box as I get 0-1 bars at home. CS gave me some flannel about the signal boxes not working in areas where there is at least 1 bar, they shut down if they detect a signal. Never heard so much rubbish in my life, you could tell that she had been given false information to relay.

We have a signal booster at work (where we do have 0-1 bars also) and works a treat.

Are EE/Orange/T-Mobile not worried about losing customers for the sake of a signal box? I was even willing to pay for it if needed!

Do staff read/contribute to these forums or are these a waste of time too?
Established Contributor
Ericthehal

Waste of time too
Eric
bollyboy

My signal box finally arrived, took 30 mins to come on after phoning them to activate.

Gone from 1 bar/no service, to full signal........ Finally :smileyhappy: