Contributor
gandy1980

BBC WATCHDOG

To all EE 4g customers have you had similar issues as me, no service for days due to number porting issues, calls and texts from virgin mobile being rejected, direct debits being setup on different dates than agreed leading to bank charges and features such as deezer and other inclusive add ons not working, multiple calls to ee to try and resolve and hours spent on hold with missed call backs that agents have promised and just a shocking case of poor customer service with advisor not caring then please go to following link http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/ and report them to BBC watchdog like i have and maybe then we can get some pressure put on them to make things right.

I wish i had never joined and just stuck with orange.

thanks to all those who report.

Please use plain text.
Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

Re: BBC WATCHDOG

While you have a genuine grievance with EE like I myself have had, which is now all sorted thanks to a helpful chap at EE.

The fact that you have received bank charges is partly your own fault for not making sure that there was money in your account to cover the direct debit not EE's fault. They would have told you what the date for your direct debit would have been just as they told me what mine was.

After I had made the first payment I was then able to chose when my direct debit would go out and so far it looks like the date I choose will be the one that my payments are made.

I've not tried the inclusive add on's yet as the ones available are of no interest to me.

Reporting it to watchdog maybe a good idea and make a good story I'm sure, will it help get your current issues sorted. I seriously doubt it.

No I don't work for EE or T-mobile or Orange, I'm just an ordinary user trying to help those who have been in a similar situation to myself and offer tips on how I managed to get my EE farce sorted.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gandy1980

Thanks for the reply but I have to disagree how is it my fault if I ring up the contact center and arrange a direct debit with ee for one day (28th of each month) and then they try and take it on a different day (10th of month) apprantly because they set it up on the wrong system. I am happy things went ok for u but they didnt for me and after reporting these issues multiple times and getting no where I was left feeling like I had no other choice.
Please use plain text.
Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

if they took out the direct debit out on the wrong day after confirming that it would be the 28th. Did you get a letter in the post confirming this like I did?

If you did then you can ask your bank to do a direct debit reversal under the direct debit guarantee, also your bank should refund any charges relating to the direct debit wrongfully taken.

Also when did you change your details as if it was not done in time i.e. a few days before the payment was to be taken on the 10th. Then it would have been to late for EE to cancel it and change that payment. It takes up to 7 working days for direct debit details to be changed and updated.

So you should still have made sure there was money in to cover the payment that was to be taken on the 10th. Its the way all company's work when taking payment via direct debit and you change it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gandy1980

i had no letter through the post, i was the first person in stockport to swap from orange to ee in store which took over 2 hours by the way. in the shop no direct debit was setup so i contacted ee when i got home and set it up for the 28th which is my pay day and was confirmed by agent at ee.  This was done at the begining  of the month and so should have been fine and as for bank charges yes i can get them credit backed but thats not really the point is it, they are playing with systems that link in to our bank accounts and doing things they dont know how to do. It is simply poor service considering orange and t mobile make up ee and both have been operating for years. This componded with all the other issues and just lack of empathy from ee and there representives is disgusting its basically your in contract now so we dont care.

Any hows dont want to argue with you thats not what this is about this about pulling people together to make ee realise there have been problems that need putting right, we as customers have the right to a certain level of service which has been missed big time by ee, oh and to top it off my phone has stopped working again this morning no connection to the network.

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

I wish i had never joined and just stuck with orange.

If you felt that strongly about it, why did you not use your 14 day cooling off period and simply go back to Orange then?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gandy1980

Coukdnt go back to orange as 14 day coolin off period is for online or phone sales only I had to do mine in shop as did the swap to ee offer which meant handing in my old phone and orange sim so I cant return mine using the distance selling regulations.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
SuperCus

I have to say I'm regretting my move from Vodafone...

I've spend so many hours in store and on the phone. After 3 SIM cards and 3 days I still don't have a working phone. To make matters worse you have ported in my number. I NEED MY PHONE FOR MY JOB AND YOU ARE COSTING ME MONEY AND RISKING MY JOB!!!!

This is joke and not acceptable.

All made worse by the fact you have had no trouble getting my first bill to me..... how very efficient.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
camperdown9

Hi

Have you contacted your bank re the charges linked to the payment to EE? 

There is a thing called the direct debit guarantee. If a direct debit is taken incorrectly the bank can be made to refuse payment on the request and refund the money back to your account.  Example a few years ago a company took £200 from my account in error, I didn't notice for a day or two. When I did I contacted  the company they said they would look into the issue but it would take time. I called the bank and explained what had happened and they refunded the money within 24 hrs. 

I am not sure if the direct debit guarantee applies for money that's taken on the wrong date and therefore causes fees but it must be worth checking. 

Contact Watchdog by all means but the days were companies seam to take any notice of this program seam to of passed. I have been watching the daily version over the past few days and they don't seam to get anywhere with issues anymore.

Alex

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hey SuperCus,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have access to some customer service experts who can look into this for you - if you send me your name, contact number and a brief description of your problem in a private message, I'll make sure this is forwarded to the right person.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.