EE Community

Investigator
Aniseedvan

Do I need to get an unlock code for my 4G Huawei E5776 plus question regards battery life

I've recently bought the mifi as above on an EE 4G 30 day rolling plan. The 4G in my area is slightly worse than the coverage map indicates so i'm going to cancel the 4G contract and get a t-mobile SIM back on 3G.

Can I assume that I won't need an unlock code to swap from EE to t-mobile bearing in mind they're on the same network?

Also, what's people's experiences with the battery life of this mifi? I'm getting barely an hour off power, no better than my old vodafone R201. Note this is in a decent 3G signal area, and there appears to be no option to select to prefer 3G networks (network selector is greyed out). i'm close to returning it to Currys at the moment!
Please use plain text.
Ace Contributor
jmitchel

Re: Do I need to get an unlock code for my 4G Huawei E5776 plus question regards battery life

You wont need an unlock code to use a T-Mobile SIM card.

1 hour is not good at all for battery life!!  You are only able to change network settings when the device is not connected to the mobile network.  There should be a way to disconnect it then you will be able to change it's settings.

I'd consider returning it but I think you only get 7 days to return goods to Currys.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Estyle

Re: Do I need to get an unlock code for my 4G Huawei E5776 plus question regards battery life

As i know, it's unnecessary to get the unlock code for HUAWEI E5776, because it's unlocked. If you don't like this model, i suggest you change to other alternative model. 

I like 4G LTE Mobile Broadband: http://www.4gltemall.com
Please use plain text.