EE Community

Investigator
Jimmybob

Raw deal for existing customers

New customers are getting more than double the data on
4g EE tariffs than early adopters of the service!!!

Having recently noticed the new tariffs available through EE, I called EE (like I used to with orange when tariff improvements happened) to request I change to the new greatly improved tariffs, to be told (to my disgust) this was not allowed!!

So here I am, early in my contract, feeling totally shafted by this network, who owe it to the early loyal customers of 4g!! I really can't believe the stance of the network on this. Contacting through Facebook is very drawn out. Reports to rip off Britain and watchdog have been logged, although I'm sure the network will be acting within the law it should be a matter of principle that they honour these tariffs to existing customers.

Change your policy EE...........
Please use plain text.
Explorer
Dallinas

Re: Raw deal for existing customers

[ Edited ]
Great way to SERIOUSLY ANNOY your existing customers EE! I too transferred to EE from orange in April and am seriously pee'd off that for the same tariff new users get 3x the data!
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

[sarcastic mode] but you do get a 50% on any accessory costing less than £100 until Sept 20th[/sarcastic mode]

.....not that EE stores sell many accessories in the first place lol

I know what you mean though.  It was bound to happen though.  EE have had the 4G market to themselves until now, so it's bound to start getting more competitive.  I just hope EE listen to existing customers.

If you contact EE Exec Offices about this, they should be able to do something for you.  The more people that do contact them, the better chance they will start to listen.

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
OperationWolf

Hi, agree with you all and I have raised my disgust with the preferential treatment EE seems to treat its Loyal early adopters of 4g!!!
Me 24 month contract 8gb =£56 which currently on EE for £51 you get 20gb!!!!
Also they now offer 12 month contracts for my tarrif for £66 which is £10 more but as a tech lover it would mean I get a new phone every 12 months and not have to wait 2 years (1 year to go as 1 year in)!!
It seems EE the loyal early adopters of 4g have been forgotten and lets not forget putting up with the early 4g problems, loss of signal and data and then finding out our phones were not insured for a month until EE introduced its own clone phone insurance!
We get 50% off phone accessories after our phones are a year old? Come on EE sort it out, be Loyal to your existing customers or I will be leaving EE asap!!
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
iainclaire

I had this issue. I ma on ee 46 which gives you 3gb. When i joined from orange i had a loyalty discount which couldnt be carried over so they doubled my data.3gb+3gb. I then about a month ago noticed for £46 new customers get 10gb! Wtf? I called and was told i couldnt get it. Was really mad but i asked and asked again to be told. Of course i can move you to the new tarriff. I now get 10gb+ 3gb loyalty. I have found with ee that it seems to matter which advisor you get. Some are really helpful and others just dont care. I would keep on at them.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
Jimmybob

Update

I've eventually heard back from an EE rep via facebook, who has kindly given me a free 8gig per month until the end of my contract. At least someone there is prepared to do something about it.
That said, I still feel like they've had the early adopters of 4g's eyes well and truly out, and the new customers are reaping the rewards of that!!

I guess I know they will always refer to the tariff migration policy, and a change to the newer tariff would be classed as a downgrade, so I have to pleased I've got something out of it.

If your in this situation use any means to contact them and fight for what your entitled too :0)
Please use plain text.
Explorer
Dallinas

I just spoke to Customer services, it really does depend on who you get, according to him I'm on the new tariff. Nice bloke, Won't know till next month.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
Jimmybob

@dallinas
Learn not to trust everything you hear from them I'm afraid.
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Tomo1971

Would you expect them to half your data if their new tariffs halfed the data for new customers? No, thought not. Why should it automatically be different cos they have doubled it?

Good that you spoke to someone that has doubled your data for you though :-)

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
wolfy35

I noticed that as well & was far from impressed.

I phoned in to customer services & they initially told me that they could put me on one of the new tarriffs with more data but only if I upgraded to a more expensive one.

DO NOT TAKE THIS BS!  Your contract allows you to change tarriff at any time free of charge as long as you do so to one of the same price or higher. You can downgrade to a lower price but you will have to make an upfront payment to cover the difference.

I was put on a new tarriff at the same price within 2 minutes of pointing this out to the customer service agent.

Please use plain text.