Investigator
backs5962
Accepted Solution

Loyal customer?

I was contacted this evening by a guy ringing from Glasgow (phone number 0141 413 0234) stating that he was speaking on behalf of EE, stating that as a loyal customer, he was able to offer me a new contract, to run alongside my existing one, for either a Samsung galaxy s4 mini or a HTC one mini for £32.00 per month including: unlimited minutes, texts, 10GB (yes 10) of data and roaming package where all calls from abroad would be free. He asked me to cofirm my name, first line of address and postcode, and my age. At no time did he ask me for any bank details. I agreed to this as my contract has not got long to run. He told me that it would be dispatched within 5-6 days and I will have 14 days cooling off period.

Since then, as I thought this was too good to be true, I googled this phone number and have found a mixed reaction. Some are saying it is a scam, some are saying that indeed this is an affilate/partner of EE. None, however, are saying 'yes I took up the offer, and got my phone, really pleased with the deal' Have I been had or this genuine?
Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 94
Kudos: 1,138
Solutions: 712

Re: Loyal customer?

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=fals...

This link from EE will help. It is indeed a affiliate of EE but I would not deal with people who ring up for custom. But this is just me being cautious.

The fact they didn't need your bank details shows they are EE as if it was a scam they would still ask for your bank details. I personally would ring 150 and talk about this new account that is running along side. They should know about it if it is really true.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Investigator
backs5962

Thanks for that. Will call 150 as you suggested.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
backs5962

I have just checked with 150 and they confirm that this is a legitimate call/offer and they were actually offering me the same deal. Just a coulpe of things to remember..... This is an additional line. It is Not an upgrade. Also as such you will have a different number.

This deal suits me as I am coming to the end of my contract so I won't be paying for two line rentals for more than one month.

Wath this space......
Please use plain text.