EE Community

Explorer
perseus1947

Cannot download free Norton 360

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to this frum so please be patient with me.

I subscribe to Orange Broadband, Landline & Mobile and have just realised I can have one years free subscription to Norton 360 and I believe a reduce subscription for year two.

For the last week I have been logging into my account and clicking the links 'Exclusive benefits for EE broadband customers' and then 'Anti-virus security for multiple devices'.

All I can get is either an EE page saying 'Sorry we couldn't find that page, or 'Skip to main content'.

I have spoken to Tech Support and was told that the site was being upgraded but it would be completed within 24 to 48 hours. This was four days ago but still I cannot access the site in order to download the free 12 month subscription to Norton 360.

I have emailed Orange at:

The reply I received was:

'Please accept our apologies, we are in the process of improving our e-mail service, and cannot deal with your e-mail enquiry at this time'.

Can anyone please help me with some advice, or links where I can take advantage of the above offer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

John
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Re: Cannot download free Norton 360

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
walks

Personally I wouldn't touch Norton, it's a massive resource hogger. There are much better free options out there, such as Avast or AVG.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
perseus1947

Thank you all for your answers.

For Chester: 

The link has been broken for coming up to 3 weeks as far as I know and now it is partially back but when I go into the Norton webpage and click 'Subscribe now' I get a page which is blank excepte for the words 'Online Offer Only'.

This has been going on with me for nearly 3 weeks and I am being told different things like a couple of weeks ago I was told the links would be back and running in 24 to 48 hours but it was days before it was partially back.

EE told me it was a problem at Norton's end but when I spoke to Norton they say it was at EE's end. A case of passing the proverbial buck?

When I spoke, for the umpteenth time to Customer Support I eventually asked to be put through to the Supervisor and was told that I would be. I held on for over 15 minutes with no Supervisor coming on so I redialled and asked again and was again told I was going to be put through. This time I held on for 10 minutes, still with no reply.

I have now sent an email of complaint to the Customer Service and cc'd it to Olaf Swantee, EE's CEO but have yet to receive an answer, or even an acknowledgement.

For Walks:

I agree Norton takes up a lot of  resources but I would like to give it a try as it is 'Free' and Which Magazine has given it its top rating.

For nedflanders 1984 and kazzy:

I appreciate that nothing is perfect and things do sometimes go wrong, so we sometimes need a little patience but being told different stories and also being ignored is extremely vexing at best.

I am glad you received compensation and I shall also be pursuing that possiblility.

Thanks again for all your help and I will try to keep you all informed.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nedflanders1984

Hey
Yeah I have the same problem. Before they changed the link, it took you to Nortons page, but it was the home page and you couldnt sign up for free. So hopefully they will sort it ASAP, one of the reasons I joined was because of the free Norton.
Hopefully it gets resolved ASAP

Regards
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

There are a few bigger issues being dealt with at the moment.

Like the fact that T-Mobile customers can't log in and see their bills.

I am sure they will get around to fixing it.

Perhaps if you PM @CustomerService they can give you the current link so you don't need to wait for the fix.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
kazzy

i got same problem cant get the norton was told they updating it so i told them it was part of package id signed up to and asked for compo cos didnt provide me with full service get two weeks free off my month bill 

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

So they don't have a temporary solution ?

Please use plain text.
Investigator
kazzy

Apparently its working now but why oh why use Norton as it conflicts with any other security features, should of kept to Macaffee or better still Webroot
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

A lot of the paid for anti virus stuff is just full of un-necessary bloat that slows your PC down.

Plenty of very good free software out there.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Nav900

I've the same problem, Phone call was put through to India (I guess). As nice as the Guy was I was no better off.
Please use plain text.
XRaySpeX
Topics: 0
Kudos: 231
Solutions: 105

That Download Norton free from EE page, which has nowt to do with Norton as it's an EE webpage, is all screwed up and has been for some time.

I don't see it being fixed any time soon. Buy a cheap one from eBay; make sure it is new and unbroken packaged.

Norton is good. It doesn't hog resources these days.

If you think my solution helped feel free to hit the Kudos star button below.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Please use plain text.