26-02-2014 11:32 AM
Yes I can't get a code either by ringing or texting - tried twitter - totally useless
Twitter can't give you the code.
Here is how to get it.
How to get your 2 for 1 cinema tickets code
EE mobile customers
There are two ways to get your 2 for 1 ticket code if you're an EE mobile customer:
- Either download the EE Film app then request your code from the cinema section. The code will come in a text message which costs 35p
- Text FILM to 241 from your EE mobile. You'll get a text straight back with your code - the text costs 35p.
EE broadband customers
If you're an EE home broadband customer you can get 2 for 1 cinema tickets, too.
- Text JOIN and your landline telephone number to 60005. So for example, JOIN 0207 123 4567
- Then just wait for our text back confirming you're registered
- When you've got the text back, text CINEMA to 60005 from your EE mobile. You'll get a text straight back with your code - the text costs 35p.
EE mobile broadband customers
If you're a EE mobile broadband customer, follow these steps to get your 2 for 1 cinema ticket code:
- From your SMS centre/connection manager, select the text messaging option and create a new message. (Your quick start guide shows you how to do this if you're struggling.)
- Write 'FILM' in the body of the message and send the text to 241 (texts cost 35p)
- We'll send you back your code. Show it at the cinema box office and collect your 2 for 1 tickets.
Not stupid thanks
I have tried contacting Orange via twitter to make them aware of the issue
I do not want to use the app - sounds like that does not work either.
I am a pay as you go customer and should just be able to text or ring 241 for a code.
I have rung 241 3 times to request a code
Since yesterday I have tried countless times to text "FILM" to 241 all texts just show as failed. There are free texts and credit available on my phone so no issue there. I have offered to DM the twitter bods my number so they can sort it out and no response for hours and hours.
I have looked on Orange/ee website for how to raise awareness about this, I can find no way to contact apart from ringing a non uk based call centre who it is difficult to have a reasonable conversation with due to language barriers. I can't even find how to make a complaint about this.
Anymore condescending information you can offer?
Or perhaps you can investigate if there actually is a problem and sort it out!
I should not have to download an app. I will not be using my data allowance to do this as I should not have to. The service should work correctly in all the ways it is offered. I have tried 2 methods, neither work the OP tried the app and posted because that does not work. I can send my number with pleasure. Just sort out the text code.
Beg pardon it was the third poster not the OP "I apply for 241 offer, im sent a text with a pin code....I go and tap this into the app and then I'm not sent any voucher....there is no way of contacting anyone and there is no help on the app or this site about this problem.....does anyone else encounter the same problem???"
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday
"I apply for 241 offer, im sent a text with a pin code....I go and tap this into the app and then I'm not sent any voucher"
That's cuz he got it wrong! The so-called "pin code" is the voucher. You don't tap it into the app; you show it to the cinema. No wonder the app didn't work.
ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Surely not having internet access is the same as not having a smart phone - I might as well not have one!
It appeared that you worked for the company I see you are just a forum user who has "special access" from orange/ee well that's great but do you know any way to actually get in touch with Orange about this?