EE Community

Explorer
Furia87
Accepted Solution

When you can get disconnected?

I'm Pay as you go customer and I don't use my phone at the moment. Might Orange/EE disconnect me without my permission?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheDude

Re: When you can get disconnected?

Hey Furia87

If you're on PAYG and don't use your account for 180 days, i.e. you don't make a call or send a text, the line will suspend. If the line hasn't been reactivated and used after a further 90 days the line is permenantly cancelled and after a period of time the number is recycled.

If you wanna keep the account open, use the SIM occasionally, otherwise you stand to loose the account and the mobile number.

Hope this helps,

TD

Please use plain text.
Explorer
Furia87

Hi TD

Thank you very much for a quick reply and info. You've been very helpful and I appreciate that.

Have a nice day!

Furia 87

Please use plain text.
Explorer
jonpharris1966

Hi,

I've been disconnected [sim registration failed message] within about 6 months and customer services have said i can have a new SIM but only with a new number which i'm absolutely gutted about as i'd used it in a stationary order and will have to get these reprinted. Given it must be between 6-9 months can the number not be resurrected? Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Rory_F

Hi jonpharris1996

Welcome to the EE Community, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately once a PAYG SIM has been disconnected the mobile number attached to the account is cancelled in the process. We're unable to re-issue the number to a new account. Mobile numbers are eventually recycled due to the limited supply, however this can take from 6 months to several years to happen if at all.

Best regards,

Rory

Please use plain text.
Explorer
jonpharris1966

Thanks for feeding back Rory, a case of 'computer says no' rather than a techinical reason. I can understand if a number is immediately reissued but to think it's sitting reserved somewhere and not allocated out is frustrating in the extreme. The business attitude [not that of the customer service advisors i hasten to add!] has been one to encourage me to migrate every active account i have with the EE group of companies to another provider.

Again thanks for the quick response at least i know where i stand.

Please use plain text.