EE Community

Explorer
eli_dimi

price increase in the old

Just got your message saying about the price increase...how much would be the price increase and how much time do I have to decide if I want to cancel my contract with you? Thanks
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Re: price increase in the old

[ Edited ]

The message you just received is not about a price increase, it's just EE changing their terms and conditions regarding future price increases.  No price increase has been announced by EE.

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
Explorer
eli_dimi

Thanks for your answer Mitchel, could you please explain me this? I just want to make sure since I'm not English thanks again

Please see below the updated clause which details one of the instances in which you have the right to cancel your plan without charge, as a result of a price change.

7.2.3.3. We have given You Written Notice of an increase in a Price Plan Charge under point 7.1.4 and (i) the increase in Your Price Plan Charge (as a percentage) is higher than the annual percentage increase in the Retail Price Index (RPI) published by the Office for National Statistics (calculated using the most recently published RPI figure before we give you Written Notice under 7.1.4);
Please use plain text.
jmitchel

OFCOM (the UK telecoms regulator who oversee all UK telcom providers be it mobile, fixed line broadband and landline providers) have come up with some new guidelines regarding price rises mid-contract.  They have said that if any provider increases their prices by more than the current rate of inflation (RPI), consumers are entitled to leave their contract without penalty.  However, this only applies to people who started a new contract or who upgraded after Jan 23rd 2014 though.

EE are changing their T&C's based on these new guidelines.  It means very little actually for the consumer, as the providers can still increase prices when they want to.  To avoid the bit about letting you cancel without penalty, the providers can still increase prices upto the current rate of inflation and they can do this as often as they like, so basically for the consumer, nothing is actually changing.

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.