EE Community

Investigator
hallrpt

Problems setting up Direct Debit on MyEE

[ Edited ]

Anyone else have any problems setting up direct debit on MyEE?

Trying to do this here https://my.ee.co.uk/your-account/private/add-direct-debit/ , but it says "SORRY, WE DIDN'T RECOGNISE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS. PLEASE TRY AGAIN". My bank details are definitely right.

Please use plain text.
Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

Re: Problems setting up Direct Debit on MyEE

Yes I'm also having that problem too, I'm going to give them a call on 150 in the morning to see if i can set it up via the payments department.  I tried today but didn't have time to sit on hold for quite a longtime, where tomorrow I will.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
selfhealer

I have given customer services a call 3 times to set up a direct debit and 3 times they have assured me that the direct debit is now set up.  This is a joke!!!  Here's hoping 3rd time lucky!

Please use plain text.
Investigator
Resin

I am too having this problem. Any solutions? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
olidea

I see the same problem. Can't believe this has been going on since the end of 2012 and EE haven't fixed it yet.

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

[ Edited ]

Yeh :smileysad: The direct debit system is terrible.

I can only set it up via 150 customer services. EE had almost seven months to fix this ...

And for some strange reasons, my D/D has been cancelled three times already despite the fact my bank said there was no issue at their end. Thankfully I do check my payment dates etc so no extra charges incurred.

To *Whoever* designed this website and online payment systems, I'm sorry, you did a very terrible job :smileysad:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Contributor
olidea

Today the DD edit worked for me in My EE - woohoo! Worth another try for those who hadn't bothered with the hassle of calling customer services (like me!).

Please use plain text.
benltan

I have been attempting to set up a direct debit online at the EE site and am also having this problem.

I moved from T-Mobile to EE and I already had a direct debit set up. When I signed my new contract I was told I would have to renew my direect debit instruction, which I duely did in-store. I have been away travelling for a few months only to find that the direct debit had not been set up and therefore my bills had not been paid!

Nevermind all this wonderful high speed 4G if I can't use it because I get cut off because EE didn't set up my direct debit as they should have!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
computergeek

Having same issues, just had to pay by card.  If i can not set up DD online will i be charged 3.50 extra next month?? really dont want to call EE......

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Midahed

Aaaaaaaggghhhhh!!

I joined EE for better signal coverage and for the benefits of 4G, but  the cost seems to be crap customer service and a poor website.  

I'm just 5 days into my EE experience and I, too, have been unable to set-up a direct debit online.   And that's on top of a couple of other problems that I experienced before I'd even switched to EE.  The first mention of the direct debit problem in this thread goes back over 18 months.  That's awful, and doesn't say much for the EE technical staff responsible for creating and maintaining this website.

Please use plain text.