EE Community

Visitor
simmo0876

Hi all I'm being charged £1.25 a day from this number. 700005006 phoned ee on Wednesday there saying it's a subscription through a third party ice never signed up to any subscription service the kind lady on the phone gave me a number to text to stop the subscription but this never worked as anyone else had this experience if so did you get it sorted out if so how
Please use plain text.
Adma2013

Re: 700005006

Yeah I've been getting this all week Rang ee very unhappy that they can't stop this. Have you had any joy??
Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Barry_C

Hi simmo0876

Usually these ID numbers will have a corresponding short code that you can send the STOP command to. Let us check your bill to see what we can find, if we can't find the short code for that particular service we can always block premium charges on your account. Drop us a private message with some details to kick things off.

Cheers

Barry

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community

Please use plain text.
Investigator
penny191166

I am having the same problem as everyone else on here. followed advice from Barry sent a private message only to be told I have to post on here and wait and see if get asked to send a private message !!!!

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 110
Kudos: 999
Solutions: 642

Which advisor replied and told you that? I have posted an issue straight to CSA team username without posting a thread first.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Investigator
penny191166

Hi brendon it was the advice from Barry I did send a private message but so far I have had no reply!!!  my son got a blackberry for christmas these charges have only appeared since the 29/1/14 ..goiing to go into our locAL T-MOBILE STORE.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
penny191166

Hi this is the message I got from customer services....

We noticed you haven’t posted this on the EE community. In order to maintain the value of the Community, and ensure everyone gets a chance to help out and learn about new discussions – we’d ask that you post your comments, your questions, or issues publicly, rather than sending questions to the Customer Service team immediately via private messaging.

If you post something that we can assist with, we’ll be in touch.

If you’d like to find out about other ways to get in touch with EE, please have a look at our Contact us pages

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 110
Kudos: 999
Solutions: 642

Hm OK weird. They will reply give them time.

But I would ring 150 and talk about this as they will be able to help you faster.

You could also try Twitter or Facebook

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Jessnewdick

I have also had this on my bill but under a different number 700035190. I've been charged for this and don't know what it is, it says I've called this number which I haven't. Please can you tell me what this charge is for? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Explorer
Lyn5ey

Hi guys. I have been getting the same number on my bill for past few days. I have tried Barry's advice and took the SMS route. Hopefully this will be the end but very doubtful. I have not subscribe to anything, only downloaded apps from App Store so unsure where this "subscription" has come from.
Please use plain text.
cbarai

I have read somewhere that sending a text message saying STOP or STOP ALL to 60080 stops the charges on the bill.

Also please look at this site -  PhonePayPlus

They regulate premium rate services and you can file a complaint on their website. There is a contact number if you would like to phone in as well. 

Please post back and share any findings to help everyone else in the community and mark the post as solved. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think my solution helped feel free to hit the Kudos button below.
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
annbrand

See http://www.whophonedme.co.uk/700005006

My personal view is that mobile companies (not just EE) are acting as the agent of fraudsters and so are committing an offence in collecting money. I would like to see some pro bono lawyer test this in court.

phonepayplus are completely in the hands of the scoundrels.

I do recall some time ago seeing on t-mobile's website a mapping between these 7xxxxxxxx numbers and the shortcodes (5 digit numbers) so you can text STOP or STOP ALL to them. I can't find the webpage now.

I don't even know if all telcos use the same 7xxxxxx numbers.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
annbrand

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Whilst the mobile phone companies could be doing more about this problem, It's not actually them that are causing this, it's dodgy app developers.  These charges are coming from rogue apps that are passing the users details (mobile phone number etc) to other companies without their knowledge.

Not wanting to start a mobile O/S fight, but certain app platforms are worse than others for this

Please use plain text.
cbarai

Has anyone had any luck with the STOP / STOP ALL text?

It would benefit the rest of the community to know this, if someone has already tried.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think my solution helped feel free to hit the Kudos button below.
Please use plain text.
Sarah00

I would advise calling customer service and requesting you have your Premium Rate and International calls barred, only way to stop them adding these charges.  They have no idea where the charge has originated from but will still insist that you have received premium texts or subscribed to something.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
MOSESMUM

Hi I spoke to someone in Customer Services called Mabarta today and she said she would block number but I had to text 700005006 STOP for it to be activated. The text keeps on failing. What do I do now?
Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Sorcha

Hi MOSESMUM,

The text needs to STOP to 88188 rather than the 70000 number. This is the stop code you will need.

Thanks

Sorcha

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Please use plain text.
ceylan

Ok this askeobile ringtags i think. I had a txt ages ago, never asked for it at all, didnt think nothing unti. I was charged for some private service £8.75 t mobile have refund. Then i had this number show up on another month, googled and found t mobile ringtags and that you have to unsubcribe sms88188. T mobile iş owned by ee. Will phone ee.
Please use plain text.
Jey
Visitor
Jey

Hi all, I just received the dreaded text for the first stime this morning. After reading of all your troubles here, I felt very strongly about this and wouldn't have hesitated to leave EE if I'd felt my loyalty was misplaced in a network provider that doesn't take my interests and my protection at heart.

And so I called 150, I talked to a fantastic operator who didn't try to blame me, who didn't even question the origin of this charge. She simply said that even though she couldn't trace it back, she will remove the charge from my account so that I am not billed for it, and make sure this does not happen again by blocking premium subscriptions.

Happy customer! Although if I'm honest, I would prefer for situations like this to not arise in the first place, and there should be security mechanisms in place whenever money is involved - especially that much, as a daily charge it would add up very quickly!

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.