Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

WiFi EE or BT?

Hi all I’ve got a question I hope the amazing community can answer :So at my home I can get 5G on my EE mobile SIM card and get speeds of up to 200mpbs on my old sky wifi router going through the fttc cable I was getting around 35-40 mobs now I have ...

Hub allocating static IP addresses

Is there a way to stop the EE hub allocating static IP addresses.  Every so often when connecting laptops wirelessly to the EE hub, static IP addresses get assigned and then those devices cannot access the internet.  These devices had been connected ...

Brian121 by Investigator
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Can't reserve a lan ip address in the EE router

I want to reserve some dhcp addresses on the lan for specific controllers. I know how to do it but my router does not permit it. The fields into which I should type the current ip won't accept entries (except the last field). It accepts a mac address...

stuart_g by Investigator
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Helpful

Resolved! Mesh WiFi Hub

Hi,I’ve just switched from BT Broadband to EE. Previously, I had a BT Router and a Black Disc which created a mesh network. I now have a Smart Hub (SH31B) and have a white Smart WiFi extender (SW10A) which I assumed would do the same as my old BT dis...

bradshawj by Investigator
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! Smart Hub Plus Guest Network?

Does the new EE SH+ support a (or many) guest networks? I read somewhere here that it does but I see no sign of it neither in the router i/f nor in the apps. If so, where is it?

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Smart Hub Plus a tad laggardly?

I have carried a comparison of the sync speeds of the new EE SH+ against previous EE routers over a VDSL2 connection: EE SH original: 74.3 / 20.0 Megs.EE BrightBox2: 74.1 / 20.0 Megs.EE SH+ : 69.0 / 19.6 Megs. Of course, this may not be of much relev...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 0 replies
  • 3 Helpful

GPON terminal

Just moved into a house which seems to have multiple sockets but the fibre line is connected to a GPON terminal. EE have said fibre will be switched on on the 16th. Just wondering if anyone knows what the GPON terminal is and should I plug router int...

Broadband offers

I have just received an offer for EE Broadband and unlimited data sims. It looks good, however I cannot go ahead and order it as I keep being accosted by the following screen:Is EE aware that this is happening? Do they care? It's been like this for o...

robomeara_0-1699543465054.png
robomeara by Investigator
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Resolved! Move from BT to EE Broadband

Hello,Following the introduction of ‘New EE’ I’ve agreed to move my broadband from BT to EE. Whilst going through the sales script I queried whether I would be charged a disconnection fee by BT, which I was assured I wouldn’t. I’ve since received an ...

Phone call

Someone was due to phone my husband at 3pm today regarding tv package and business phone package. Unfortunately the business consultant failed to call. Not very impressed as we altered plans so we could take this call. Take it our business is not req...

Kazza56 by Contributor
  • 13 replies
  • 1 Helpful