EE Community

Inyourbox
Kudos: 124
Solutions: 134

Twitter SMS!

Can EE please enable Twitter SMS for T-Mobile and EE customers?

Having migrated from Orange to EE, I no longer receive Twitter text notifications. The only networks supported are Orange, 3, Vodafone and O2.

When you text Twitter through their short SMS code(86444) its free and comes out of any unlimited allowance, Twitter receives the text message, but you can't receive texts from Twitter because its not supported.

Is there anyway EE can enable this with Twitter? Its been mentioned on a few threads on this forum by a few different members.

Please use plain text.
EE Employee
Jools

Re: Twitter SMS!

Acknowledged! I'll look into this...
Please use plain text.
Explorer
TheJD

[ Edited ]

Bump for this.  Jools, how are you getting on?

Today I've shot myself in the foot with Twitter and SMS over EE.  I was using my EE phone (formerly Orange) with no problem on a Twitter account for certain notifications.  Removed it from that Twitter account so I could add it to a different account and now they won't add it because you're not an agree carrier for them.

EE's supposed to be top class, so can we have the ability to work properly with the ubiquitous Twitter please?

Note that my Orange-EE number DID work just fine until I tried to add it to a different Twitter account today, so they can correctly pass SMS to EE based phones.  But I think EE and Twitter need to have a lunch together and square it all away together.

JD

Please use plain text.
EE Employee
Jools

Coincidentally, I'm meeting someone to talk about this today! I will keep you updated.

Please use plain text.
Inyourbox
Kudos: 124
Solutions: 134

Any news @Jools

Please use plain text.
EE Employee
Jools

We are working (slowly) to work this one out. Lots of emails flying around, I can assure you! I will give you an update once the talking stops and the action starts!

Please use plain text.
ryani

Is there any news on this, just updated my Orange contract to EE and now can't get text notifications for twitter as there is no option to chose EE as your mobiles carrier? Has this not been resolved yet?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
andylrichmond

I'm having the same problem... would really like this to be resolved as soon as possible as this feed was opened over 6 months ago! Even an update on this would be great!

As one of the biggest carriers in the UK surely this should have been sorted by now, it doesn't make sense for  EE to not be on the twitter carrier list!

Thanks 

Please use plain text.