sdm1985

MyEE App Inbox Idea

It would be great for the MyEE app to contain an inbox for alerts, such as:

- Time to upgrade

- Bills are ready to view

- Latest offers

- Data allowance alerts

- EE press anouncements

This could also be extedned to reply to EE and use it as a communication method to bridge the gap between EE and the customer.

Community Manager
Ed_H

Re: MyEE App Inbox Idea

Nice idea @sdm1985 .

How would you set up the notifications for this inbox? We'd allow the user to personalise this I imagine but how would you prefer the out-of-the-box alerts to be set? It would obviouslty be a bit extreme to get alerts for each bill item.

Established Contributor
sdm1985

The alerts would be customisable and the user would chose which type or turn off.

I didn't mean every bill item, I meant when a bill is ready to view on a monthly basis.

This MyEE inbox would make me feel more in control of my account and let me know of any offers at that time.
jmitchel

Great idea.

iOS push alerts could be used for Apple devices, not sure how it would work with other devcies though?

Community stars programme
EE Employee
Jools

I really like this idea also. Do you think this should be an extra 'inbox' area of the app or could it be one of the tiles that are on the current app? Would you also have this for web?

Plus I like the idea of push messages.

EE Employee
Jools

Also, on the point of regular usage updates. How often is too often? Would you like to know if you have just made a large out of plan call for example or do you wait to get your bill?

Established Contributor
sdm1985

A tile at the top within the App - something that will be noticed without being intrusive.
Established Contributor
sdm1985

Customisable usage amounts i.e. when I reach an extra £20 unbilled usage 'alert me' of this.

Roaming alerts too about costs or even expand the app to include roaming costs as a quick reference.

How often would depend on activity and preferences.
EE Employee
Jools

We were talking about pre-billing messages today so your opinion was very useful!

Established Contributor
sdm1985

I can picture the Inbox already, very simple but effective and non-intrusive with the ability to send messages to customer service.
Established Contributor
sdm1985

In respect to recent network outage, updates can also be sent to the MyEE inbox to keep customers updated (using Wi-Fi, if data is down :smileyhappy:)
EE Employee
Jools

Lot's of ideas this week for a real time coverage checker. This is something we would love to do but we need it to be automatic. Hopefully this can happen soon. But I'm collecting your comments to add weight to the argument that we need it!

I have handed over the idea for the MyEE App Inbox as it is a great idea.

Established Contributor
sdm1985

Great! Thank you Jools.

Yes, this inbox idea for bill, usage and data messages as well as other notifcations would be a much welcomed addition to the app.