EE Community

Visitor
MrKaneRicca

iPhone 5 contract for the same price as iPhone 5C?!

Little bit frustrated. I just bought an iPhone 5 for £9.99 with unlimited calls and texts and 10GB of data, only to find out that I can actually pre-order the new iPhone 5C on the exact same terms. I'm in my 14 days, but I've opened the packaging and the phone is in use, can I still return it and get an iPhone 5C?

Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Re: iPhone 5 contract for the same price as iPhone 5C?!

It's the same, exactly the same phone except the 5C is made of plastic.

If you want exactly the same phone but made from inferior materials then return it and order the 5C. 

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]
It's not the same as the iPhone 5, as the 5C also has multiple LTE band compatibility so will work on 4G on all the UK mobile networks.

I'd hardly call plastic inferior as well especially when many other high end handsets are also made of the same material plus the iPhone 3G and 3GS where also plastic and there was nothing wrong with those.

If purchased online or over the phone, you are within your rights to cancel your current iPhone 5 and return it regardless of if it's been used/opened or not within your 14 day cooling off period (it's only Three UK that have a silly rule that once you have used a device, you can no longer return it). There's no cooling off period if purchased from an EE retail store though sorry.
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Funny how Apple fanbois criticised the Samsung and Nexus devices for years as being cheap plasticky rubbish and how their aluminum and glass phones were so much better. Now it seems to be ok. 

Good point on the extra LTE bands though, may improve second hand value in a couple of years time. 

Please use plain text.