Explorer
paulbusdriver

No Service iphone 5

Hi all,

I am new to this board so apologies if I am going over old ground. My problem is pretty straight forward. I have an iphone 5, am/was on the Orange contract or whatever it is called now, EE. When i return home to Jersey, as I have the phone for my work in the UK and I lose the signal and get"No service" displayed on the handset, the phone will generally fail to grab hold of a signal for the rest of the day, until I switch it off and back on again, sometimes on the 4th or 5th such attempt. I have complained to Orange and they say it is a phone issue and I should take it to an official Apple store, well that is not an option as the nearest store is 1-2 hours drive away from my uk base and there is no guarantee they will change it. I am running the latest software and have 4g switched off etc. Clearly there is an issue with the phone and it is not fit for purpose and more alarming is that if i need to phone the emergency services i may not be able to, as No service may be shown and valuable time may be spent switching it on and off to get a signal back. I have been with Orange for 10 years and spend about £100 per month as i travel all around europe with my work. I am technically minded to the same level as your average chap in the street and feel that I have been let down by Orange and just fobbed off. Why should I drive to an Apple store , it was not apple that I purchased it from !!

Does anyone have an answer as to why the no service does not grab hold of the signal when the phone is clearly in a good reception area. Tempted to just stop paying my monthly subscriptions and face the consequences. Annoyed Orange/EE user!:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
MikeJenvey

Re: No Service iphone 5

Ha, from the Island as well - but currently in Paris.

I have the same "no service" issue. Lots of comments on various Forums, such as Macrumors, Apple, etc, for the same problem.

Tried reset of 'phone, network settings reset, 4g on/off, airplane mode on/off, updated to latest software, took sim out. manual carrier settings versus automatic.....

Played around for over an hour, & finally got it to lock onto a network by using manual carrier network selection. As soon as I reverted to automatic, back to no service.

First time I have had this, but very annoying!
Please use plain text.
Explorer
paulbusdriver

Really annoying, the no service issue is not a problem in the uk but when I return home to Jersey it can take for ever to try and get it out of no service mode. Still have no idea why it happens, either an issue with the software/masts on the island or an internal problem with the phone, I really have no idea, but so annoying😡😡😡😡
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
MikeJenvey

If you google "no service iPhone" you will find it is a world-wide problem (present for a couple of years at least) so therefore across a whole range of international providers, not just the UK.

There are numerous theories but no-one (including Apple!) seems to have pinned down the cause.
Please use plain text.