Contributor
dillo161

iPhone 5 unlock?

Hi all

I have an iPhone 5 that i upgraded from my 4S. I have now swirched to EE. But my phone is locked and im going on holiday on the 14th. Will ee unlock it. Note i got my phone in october
Please use plain text.
Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

Re: iPhone 5 unlock?

I seem to recall that you may have to have been with EE for at least a month. you can then pay £16 to get it unlocked. It can take a maximum of 2 weeks for apple to unlock your phone. So I don't think it will be ready in time for your holiday.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
kyg8920095

I bought a iphone 5 from ebay. It's an upgrade phone from EE.  My network is Lebara. I want to unlock this phone. what should I do? The unlock is permanent or not ? After unlocking, can I use any network I want ? And what if i upgrade the ios system from itunes?  Is it still unlocked?

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
NothingNowhere

Network unlock is best to do through your carrier.
That way unlock is permanent !
Ring the airtime company it is locked too !
Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

Lebara can be used on Vodafone locked iPhones .

It's better if you ask the seller from eBay to unlock it for you as this is a contract upgrade phone.

The phone itself has to be active on EE's network for three month (That's was orange's rule, not sure about EE) , otherwise they can't unlock your phone as they can't see it on their network.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.