EE Community

Visitor
AWallwork

Unlock iphone 5 locked to T-mobile/ EE so that it can be used on other sim cards while abroad

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was upgraded with an iphone 5 by T-mobile on 25th January 2013. I was told by T-mobile/EE at the time that the phone was locked to T-mobile/EE, and could only be unlocked for use with other service providers while abroad, after a period of 3 months. It is now over 3 months and I am currently overseas in India. I am unable to use my iphone on the local network available here, and need to obtain an Unlock Code from T-mobile/EE so that I can then configure my iphone 5 to accept the local sim cards and operate on their networks in India. Please could somebody kindly advise how to go about getting this unlock code from T-mobile/EE by e-mail? Is there an e-mail address I could write to them requesting the same? Alternatively, is there a trusted site which I could access and obtain an Unlock Code for a reasonable charge?? Many thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
Mike179

Re: Unlock iphone 5 locked to T-mobile/ EE so that it can be used on other sim cards while abroad

Charge is about 21.00 and its not 3 months but 6 months wait till you can unlock a handset
Please use plain text.
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Re: Unlock iphone 5 locked to T-mobile/ EE so that it can be used on other sim cards while abroad

There are sites that offer unlock services for the iPhone 5 but it is a risk to use them.

They operate by unofficial channels (a polite description) and do not have approved access to Apple (which is the only way to get the phone unlocked). If you use them they may be able to unlock your phone but you run the risk of the lock being put back on again at any point in the future should they be caught. They are also usually very expensive.

Please use plain text.