EE Community

Mileslang

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Keeps turning itself off

I had a replacement s4 sent out and put the old battery in the new phone. The phone kept turning off. Did a bit of research and Samsung have a boat load of faulty batteries. What happens is the battery swells and loses contact with the terminals. My replacement started doing this last night after 4 weeks. EE told me they have had no issues with batteries on the S4. Told me to go to my nearest EE shop and get a new battery and they would reimburse me. There is a massive difference between the thickness of a new and old battery. Hope this helps!

kevinb

Amazon  , £10.

Visitor
CCyster

sonofsid

I've had mine for 3 months and mine is doing the same, it 'tries' to reboot itself after turning off but will only reboot if connected to the charger.

I will go to me EE store and DEMAND a new battery armed with all the information gathered on these pages.... thanks guys.

Visitor
attiq24

I have same problem and I did a full factory reset but no change . still it would require power to reboot. In absence of power charge it will keep trying to reboot
temiolu

i recently got a samsung s4 galaxy on contract and even when the battery is on 94% it goes off and cannot be switched back on except i put it on charge. this is extremely frustrating

Customer service advisor
Sorcha

Hi temiolu,

If your handset is still within it's warranty period, you will be able to pop into any EE store and have the handset sent for repair :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sorcha

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Brilliant Contributor
Chester

Samsung should really be replacing the battery under warranty if it is swelling.

But if you want a cheap replacement try Amazon or eBay.

brendonx
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,873
Solutions: 1,197

Samsung does replace the battery under warranty but they require you to send the phone off.

So it's up to the person what they do really.
Brendon

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
07953 966250 from any other phone

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
steve711

Take out your micro sdcard and try it. I had a 32 gig sd card in the phone and took it out and the phone has been fine ever since. Had the same problem using 64 gb sd card. Samsung need to get this conflict or whatever issue it is sorted out.
jphnelson

I think Mileslang has correctly identified the problem and the solution. I experienced this "intermittent power failure" problem with my new S4 switching itself off at random. I replaced the new phone's battery with one from my previous S4 and (fingers crossed!) all seems to be fine. Thanks, Miles!
welshslider

I've had my Samsung S4 about 9 months and about 3 months ago it started switching off randomly.  This increased in frequency so I bought a new battery off Amazon and found the problem DIDNT go away.  I took the phone into my EE store who sent it away.  I instructed to put in the notes that the battery has been replaced.  Alas it has come back with just the battery being replaced and a factory reset and the problem remains.  Tomorrow I am off into the store again to get the phone sent away.  If that comes back again with the same fault at what point can I demand a new phone if I can?  I am paying a contract and still got one year to go.

Thanks

brendonx
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,873
Solutions: 1,197

They will only replace like for like so you'll just get another S4.
Brendon

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
07953 966250 from any other phone

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below