EE Community

gleeke86

Samsung Galaxy S4 Keeps turning itself off

My samsung galaxy S4 keeps turning itself off and won't come back on until it is connected to its charger.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this?

I have deleted all recent apps etc. and it has made no difference.

I have only had the phone for 3 months.

Any help would be much appritiated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 87
Kudos: 1,058
Solutions: 680

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Keeps turning itself off

If you only had the phone for 3 months (Thats bought it from EE etc) it will still be under warranty. Take it in for repair but it may just be the battery.

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Investigator
ollywoly

all samsungs come with a 2 year  manurfactures warrenty as standard, i had my old galaxy S1 repaired for free when it was 23 months 3 weeks and 4 days old, had 3 days until 2 year mark :smileyvery-happy:, this can only be claimed on if the fault is hardware or something which wasnt caused by the customer. what you describe sounds like what i had on my old S1 when i got it within a week of its release, when i got it android 2.1 was the latest and 2.1 had problems with the S1 and i had the phone replaced a couple times none of which worked so i had to wait 5 months with a faulty phone to wait for the 2.2 update, got the first 4 months of contract refunded though. take it back to the store you got it from but have an old phone on voice record, i recorded voice during my many visits during the S1 problem and the recording came in handy when i got lied to a bunch of times or they claimed they didnt agree to something when they did.

like the other comment, try repair first but you are entitled to a replacment if the repair doesnt work.

Please use plain text.
temiolu

i recently got a samsung s4 galaxy on contract and even when the battery is on 94% it goes off and cannot be switched back on except i put it on charge. this is extremely frustrating

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Sorcha

Hi temiolu,

If your handset is still within it's warranty period, you will be able to pop into any EE store and have the handset sent for repair :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sorcha

Community guidelines Community stars programmeMeet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Please use plain text.
Visitor
hakerz

I've got exactly the same problem and noticed my battery has also gotten abit thicker.

Just ordered for a new battery and will also take it to an ee store to see what they have to say. Only had it for 3 months as well
Please use plain text.
rcnhdn

I have the same problem with my S4.  The EE store sent it away for repair and after nearly 4 weeks, I have it back and it still happens.  I am taking it back again tomorrow and see what they say.  I've only had the phone since mid July.

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
David_M

Hi Gleeke86

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I would recommend backing up any important files you may have on your device and performing a full factory reset to see if this issue still persists after a reload of the default factory software / settings.

Regards,

David M

Please use plain text.
Andrewjgp88

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 3 months and i have the same problem, last night i perfromed a full factory reset, which i though would help but while the phone was resetting it just turned it's self off again and battery conti ues to get hot, and has been getting hot since i got the handset, i only have about 10 apps that i have downloaded to the handset and do not use them very often, i am taking my phone back into a store today for more answers. 

Please use plain text.
brendonx

The store will send it off for repair. This is the only action they will take  They will not just replace it.

Please use plain text.
atothez

Same problem customer no. 9364738293.
I have read all forums and all say the same thing. No fix or where the problem derived from.
I noticed the issue directly after the only main system auto update . It was around 390 meg.
Just throwing it out there , no one on any site has mention or queried it.
Is this just a co-insidence?
My point is has anyone got the time or balls to format the system and re-install from scratch.

Or.... is it best to just wait for a system update preying it wont be long because samsung have acknowledged the problem and are working in there sleep and through all there anual leave to make sure all the money already collected from the phones is money filled with love and not dissapointment? :smileywink:. Surely they care what the the money feels like . Dont they?
Please use plain text.
Investigator
Litmus

Same problem here :smileysad:

The phone started randomly turning it self off and wouldnt come back on for possibly hours. Even with the charger plugged in nothing happens, then all of a sudden it will come back to life for a short period but normaly takes alot of attempts to get it to actually boot up. Which it will then stay on for a matter of seconds or hours.

The phone was already sent away last month foir exactly the same problem which took 3 weeks to repair, which frankly im not prepared to do again. Is there any way i can demand a replacement handset?

Please use plain text.
Mileslang

I had a replacement s4 sent out and put the old battery in the new phone. The phone kept turning off. Did a bit of research and Samsung have a boat load of faulty batteries. What happens is the battery swells and loses contact with the terminals. My replacement started doing this last night after 4 weeks. EE told me they have had no issues with batteries on the S4. Told me to go to my nearest EE shop and get a new battery and they would reimburse me. There is a massive difference between the thickness of a new and old battery. Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Explorer
marius1994

Hey Man i had the same problem with my s4 its batteries fault because the liquid inside baterry has spilt and it made the battery go bigger sorry from my language if u dont understand or something my original language is not english so i hope u get it if u want to get rid of that problem you need to order new battery had the same problem ands its fixed now when i replaced new battery.

Please use plain text.
brendonx

This should be replaced for free by EE or Samsung.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
marius1994

It should be but, i done the same thing and then i waited for 3weeks until they send it back so its not worth to wait 3weeks when you can spend ruffly £13punds and get thesame day delivery.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
sal87

I am having the very same problem. Had the phone for 3 months and switches off when.browsing the internet. It wont switch on until i dont put it on charge!

I have been told to send it for repairs, under warranty! I dont mind having a replacement phone until my phone gets fixed, BUT if it takes months to fix my phone i would most definately not be happy, i accepted this offer on contract to have a Samsung S4 NOT a replacement phone!
Please use plain text.
brendonx

Take it straight to Samsung. Cut out the middle man.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
lilinds

ive had mine about 3 months 2 and it recently started doing the same, i took it into phones 4 u n theyve sent it off 4 repair, he said the battery was swollen but tried 2 blame it on me saying its water damaged which i know 4 a fact it isnt, im worried now its gonna take ages 2 come back from repair and come back still broken, its really driving me mad cos i cant use the phone without having it plugged in or it dies, whats the point of spending the amount i am 4 a contract on a phone i cant take out the house?! phones 4 u wouldnt offer me a spare while that ones away so im using a little £10 pay as u go phone as my sim card doesnt fit it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Schlumpf

Same problem here! I have my S4 since mid September, so 2 months now. 

My battery growth bigger as well, what is a good (cheap) way to order/buy a new battery? 

Please use plain text.