Investigator
lufcrule223

Cant send texts

I recently upgraded my sim card from a orange one to a 4GEE sim yesterday but ever since I've done that I can't send text messages, mobile data works fine i can make and receive calls I've tried sending one word messages and whole paragraphs but nothing seems to work I've also checked the message centre settings and all them are as they should be anyone any ideas?

Please use plain text.
CBarai

Re: Cant send texts

[ Edited ]

Can you if it just says message sending failed?

If so can you try installing GO SMS and choosing the customized SMSC option. Place the SMSC number within there and give it a go.

There seems to be an issue with some firmwares accepting the SMSC number. I have noticed this on many Samsung devices.

It seems to be the PDU format used.

Try this and post back. Hopefully it should work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think my solution helped feel free to hit the Kudos button below.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
lufcrule223

No it doesn't say message sending failed the progress bar just keeps spinning round indicating it's still in progress but I never get a notification saying it's failed or anything
Please use plain text.
CBarai

Have you tried another messaging app?

Plenty of them in the play store or even Google Hangouts can do sms. There is an option within hangouts to enable the SMS functionality.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think my solution helped feel free to hit the Kudos button below.
Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 96
Kudos: 1,223
Solutions: 744

Facebook Messenger does sms too :smileytongue:
EE Contact Details

Customer Service

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.