EE Community

Explorer
Riotus

"Your Internet Connection is Unstable"

Hi all

Im wondering if anyone else has had the same error message on an android device since upgrading to version 4.3?

My partner has just updated her Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 to 4.3 and since the upgrade, she now gets this error message constantly:  "Your Internet Connection is Unstable".

There dosesnt seem to be any issues with the actual internet connection as i have my phone connected, as well as a laptop and both devices have returning expected Speedtest results, ive also restarted the router, and reset the device back to factory settings, but still no change. 

So before i contact EE, i was just wondering if others have had a problem and if so, did you manage to rectify it?

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

Re: "Your Internet Connection is Unstable"

This seems to be an android issue not a EE one.

I get it but only at my inlaws but their internet connection is unstable being out in the sticks.
Brendon
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) & Note 3 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) on 4GEE Extra
Please note: I am just a customer like YOU!
Please use plain text.
Explorer
Riotus

Sorry, yeah, i meant "before i contact ee"... to see if the phone needs to be replaced :-)

Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

They wont replace phone for that.
Brendon
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) & Note 3 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) on 4GEE Extra
Please use plain text.
Visitor
oddjob

I have the same phone and same issue. My laptops and tablet work fine on my wifi but the Galaxy Ace 3 is dire. Its faster on 3g. Laptops and tablet get 5mb but phone gets about 100kb. I have emailed Samsung and await a reply. If the phone can't adequately receive wifi from a stable source then it is not fit for purpose. I'm going to phone ee tomorrow but having phoned their customer services before, I don't hold out much hope!
Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

I am sorry but EE won't let you cancel your contract with this.

EE sell you a service which you are being provided with. CELLULAR!! EE has nothing to do with WiFi and if it doesn't connect properly to your router this has nothing to do with EE, it is not classed as unfit for purpose with EE.
Brendon
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
Gemziilou

This is definitely an issue with the 4.3 update. I'm getting the same with my Galaxy S4 since I updated it. It's a problem that will only be resolved when Andriod release a fixed update (hopefully).

As has already been said, there I nothing EE can do, and your cellular service is not effected, so you'll just have to hold out for an android fix
Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

This happens to my S4 but only at my inlaws where the wifi is unstable.
Brendon
Please use plain text.
petesherrard

Since the 4.3 upgrade on Jan 1st, I get tthe same "Your Internet Connection is Unstable" message all the time. It never happened before and nothing has changed with the internet and everything else, inlcuding other phones, are connecting with no issues.

Please use plain text.