EE Community

gleeke86

Samsung Galaxy S4 Keeps turning itself off

My samsung galaxy S4 keeps turning itself off and won't come back on until it is connected to its charger.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this?

I have deleted all recent apps etc. and it has made no difference.

I have only had the phone for 3 months.

Any help would be much appritiated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Keeps turning itself off

If you only had the phone for 3 months (Thats bought it from EE etc) it will still be under warranty. Take it in for repair but it may just be the battery.

Brendon
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) & Note 3 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) on 4GEE Extra
Please note: I am just a customer like YOU!
Please use plain text.
Investigator
ollywoly

all samsungs come with a 2 year  manurfactures warrenty as standard, i had my old galaxy S1 repaired for free when it was 23 months 3 weeks and 4 days old, had 3 days until 2 year mark :smileyvery-happy:, this can only be claimed on if the fault is hardware or something which wasnt caused by the customer. what you describe sounds like what i had on my old S1 when i got it within a week of its release, when i got it android 2.1 was the latest and 2.1 had problems with the S1 and i had the phone replaced a couple times none of which worked so i had to wait 5 months with a faulty phone to wait for the 2.2 update, got the first 4 months of contract refunded though. take it back to the store you got it from but have an old phone on voice record, i recorded voice during my many visits during the S1 problem and the recording came in handy when i got lied to a bunch of times or they claimed they didnt agree to something when they did.

like the other comment, try repair first but you are entitled to a replacment if the repair doesnt work.

Please use plain text.
temiolu

i recently got a samsung s4 galaxy on contract and even when the battery is on 94% it goes off and cannot be switched back on except i put it on charge. this is extremely frustrating

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
Sorcha

Hi temiolu,

If your handset is still within it's warranty period, you will be able to pop into any EE store and have the handset sent for repair :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Sorcha

Please use plain text.
Visitor
hakerz

I've got exactly the same problem and noticed my battery has also gotten abit thicker.

Just ordered for a new battery and will also take it to an ee store to see what they have to say. Only had it for 3 months as well
Please use plain text.
rcnhdn

I have the same problem with my S4.  The EE store sent it away for repair and after nearly 4 weeks, I have it back and it still happens.  I am taking it back again tomorrow and see what they say.  I've only had the phone since mid July.

Please use plain text.
Customer service advisor
David_M

Hi Gleeke86

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I would recommend backing up any important files you may have on your device and performing a full factory reset to see if this issue still persists after a reload of the default factory software / settings.

Regards,

David M

Please use plain text.
Andrewjgp88

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for about 3 months and i have the same problem, last night i perfromed a full factory reset, which i though would help but while the phone was resetting it just turned it's self off again and battery conti ues to get hot, and has been getting hot since i got the handset, i only have about 10 apps that i have downloaded to the handset and do not use them very often, i am taking my phone back into a store today for more answers. 

Please use plain text.
Community Hero
brendonx

The store will send it off for repair. This is the only action they will take  They will not just replace it.

Brendon
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) & Note 3 (Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) on 4GEE Extra
Please note: I am just a customer like YOU!
Please use plain text.