EE Community

Explorer
philbarber

Orange and EE change over

I'm hoping someone can help. i recently upgraded my phone from iphone 4 with orange to iphone 5 with ee. I was told last week that my new contract would follow on from my old one, direct debit date would remain and that I wouldn't have two contracts running at the same time as this was my first question. Orange confirmed all this via online chat which I have a copy of. My last dd bill came out on the 11/07 and I presumed my next bill would be the 11/08 as confirmed by orange. I had a bill through this morning to confirm my next bill would be coming out on the 19/07 from ee which is 8 days after my last bill to orange. i spoke to ee today who confirmed that they are different from orange and what orange told me was incorrect? The reason I upgraded to ee was becasue of the ease at which I could do this and the info orange told me. I now have 2 bills within 8 days and no one can correct this for me? Do I complain to orange as this is becoming alot more complicated than I had thought.

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

Re: Orange and EE change over

[ Edited ]

You are always billed for line rental in advance which is why when you start with a new mobile provider you are billed within a day or so of starting the new plan, which is essentially what you have done by moving from Orange to 4GEE.

If your Orange account is in credit though, which it probably will be if you where only billed a few days earlier, you will get that money back from Orange (eventually).

You are also advised to change your username from your mobile number, which you can do via the forum settings page.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
philbarber

I just called and spoke to Michael at ee who confirmed my next bill date will be the 11/08 which is different from what the ee bill states and what a guy from ee said ealier on this afternoon? I'm not going to lie, I have no idea when my next bill will come out or for how much? Bill states one, call confirms another. Confusing

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

The date the money comes out of your account is not the same as your billing date though.

For that bill your received this morning (which I presume says EE at the top) - the money for that bill will leave your bank account in approx 7 days time.

The money that left your account on the 11th will have been to Orange for your previous Orange bill.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
philbarber

I understand the billing date and direct debit date situation, the paper bill confirms payment will be collected via dd on or around the 19/07 yet Michael at ee confirms the payment will come out via dd on the 11/08. I guess I shall wait and see which one is correct?

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

11/08 will be your next EE billing date not the date the direct debit takes the money from your account.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
philbarber

Ok thanks for the help, could you confirm when my next direct debit will be taken from my bank? as Micahel said on the 11/08?

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

[ Edited ]

19/07 as per your paper first EE bill.

Please use plain text.
Explorer
philbarber

So the info that Michael (ee Michael) gave to me over the phone at approx 19.15 was incorrect. This is why i'm confused. 

Please use plain text.
Explorer
philbarber

Would you be able to confirm to me if the info I got from Michael or Kevin as I forgot now from EE at approx 19.15 this evening was incorrect? I just want to make sure I have all the details for the letter of complaint I will be sending in.

Please use plain text.