EE Community

Established Contributor
Vaxaholic

Number port-in process from Orange to EE is broken

Hundreds of customers migrating their accounts from Orange to EE have found themselves without a working mobile service. One advisor mentioned to me that at least 283 customers were affected.

Symptoms are as follows:

• Able to make voice calls
  • Able to use data services
  • Incoming calls go straight to voicemail
  • Not able to send or receive text messages

This is due to the number porting process getting 'stuck' half way through because of an EE systems problem. According to the "Welcome to EE" booklet that accompanies new SIMs you "Simply insert your new SIM in your EE phone and we'll do the rest (this may take up to 30 mins)". In fact affected customers have been without service for eight days or more.

EE customer services have been advising customers all week that the problem will be resolved within 24 hours but thus far this has not come to fruition. The latest advice is that the problem will 'definitely' be resolved by 3pm on Monday 12 November.

Requests to speak to a senior manager are being refused with customers being told that the process is that they have to wait 72-hours for a callback. No allowance is being made for the fact that the customers cannot receive incoming calls.

Please use plain text.
ric Contributor
Contributor
ric

Re: Number port-in process from Orange to EE is broken

[ Edited ]

I get the impression it is far more than 283 as the customer service people I have given the impresison of it being a far larger problem.

I am effected and I find service is more reliable if LTE is disabled.

I have set call diverts on 'not reachable' (**62* divert tel numbrer #)to a mobile on another network but despite this on occsaions a 'fast busy' signal (meaning network congestion or other network problem) is returned when trying to call my EE phone.

I want to leave but have been refused a PAC code on first request because EE/T-mobile procedure requires the phone to be returned in a convoluted way before a PAC can be issued which given the timings they gave me could take upto two weeks.   After a letter to the CEO a second line support rep called and advised that they were also unable to issue a PAC code because of the technical problems.   The 2nd line rep seemed to think everything would be fixed on Monday too.

I am not hapEE!

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Vaxaholic

[ Edited ]

Ric,

I agree 283 customers feels as though it is the tip of the iceberg but unless a representative of EE comes clean on this forum about the true scale of the problem we can only speculate.

We don't reside in a 4G coverage area so disabling LTE will make no odds in our case. The main attraction for us was the roaming deals but with this much trouble getting the SIM to work on their own network I don't hold out much hope for a smooth roaming experience.

We were also refused a PAC. I believe this in clear contravention of Ofcom regulations and have made a complaint to Ofcom about it.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Devonbloke

I too was worried but mine just sailed through.

Interestingly I did have LTE turned off so I wonder if this is an issue? I had it turned off becuase I won't have LTE for about a year and I noticed that the battery life was much better with it off. Not constantly searching for a nonexistent LTE signal I guess.

I had Orange working fine right up till I put my EE4G SIM in. Had to wait about 5 minutes for it to register.

EE popped up and I was away. The answerphone even retained my outgoing message from Orange, cool.

EE are using the Orange answerphone system as its better and more advanced than T-Mobile's.

Hope you guys get it sorted soon.

Please use plain text.
jmitchel

The whole migration process does seem a mess at the minute, which I guess is why SIM only tariffs have been delayed.

Anyone know if these problems exist for people migrating from T-Mobile as well?  I am led to beleive that EE are using the T-Mobile billing/account system so I guess T-Mobile migrations don't require a full port?

I did read somewhere that T-Mobile customers need to send a text to start the migration process.

Community stars programme
Please use plain text.
ric Contributor
Contributor
ric

Vaxaholic - the roaming tariffs were a big appeal to me too but despite requesting this when arranging the move to EE with Orange customer service I did not get it,  then requested it again at the start of last week, then was alarmed to be told on Friday that I still didn't have the roaming tariff.   This incompetance combined with unreliable service prompted me to request a PAC.

jmitchel - to me EE seems with the exception of what has been said of voicemail to be a 4G t-mobile network.   In addition to billing/accounts and easy transfer for Tmobile customers, when I turned my voicemail off I got a message "The t-mobile customer you called cannot be reached" (I was orange before EE).  Also there is no proper handset controlled conference calling (t-mobile never had this but Orange did).

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
Vaxaholic

Ric,

Thanks for the heads-up. Just checked online - they've gone and put us on the wrong tariff as well!!

We asked for the £41/month 500GB UK data and roaming tariff. They've actually put us on the £41/month 1 GB UK data tariff with no roaming benefits. I was afraid of this confusion which is why I asked the agent we spoke to back on 30 October to repeat back to me exactly which tariff I was asking for. How they still got it wrong is a mystery to me. Less than impressed about this. Hopefully someone can go back and listen to the original call and work out where or earth in the chain this went wrong. As you say utterly incompetent.

Vax

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

number porting is very very broken and I am going to be forced to get a pay as you go sim card on either t-mobile or orange as I cannot be without a working number as I am on a training course next week and need to make sure I can get hold of my wife etc.

Please use plain text.