EE Community

Explorer
Bradenleesteven

Changing my number

I've been getting prank calls non stop with a withheld number. Was wondering if I can get my number changed.
Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

Re: Changing my number

Hi,

Here is what I found on EE help page : http://bit.ly/VASqHN

You can get your number changed, but I wonder how long the process will take. I guess the quickest way to do is order a free pay as you go SIM card online, then ask the PAC code from the SIM card provider then port-in to EE.

:smileyhappy:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

Btw, are you using an andriod phone ? I remember certain models of android phones can block unwanted calls through settings.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Explorer
Bradenleesteven

Nope it's an iphone :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
wathman

You can't just buy a payg and port it in. The main number (of which you are currently using) will always be active underneath. You must phone EE and follow their process.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
graemesmith

Even better, why not call 150 and make an official complaint.  Even though the subscriber witholds their number the network can still get it.  If they have called you enough times to constitute a nuisance then EE should report them to the regulator and get their service stopped regardless of what network thet are on.  I'd still get your number changed as well though.  EE should be able to do that quite quickly.  O2 can do it in a matter of hours.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi Bradenleesteven

I agree with the suggestions posted above: change your number, and report the prank caller as well.

Follow this link for information about blocking calls.

To change your number call EE customer services on 150.

C

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
Mike179

I had same issue. Try answer the call so it connects. The. Keep call active for 3 seconds. If they hang up then fair do's. but if you want log the times it happens then trot to your local police station and make a complaint about harassment calls. They have to investigate it. This meaning they can find out from the network who is calling you and go have a polite word. If it carries on. Then report it again and then you can get a crime ref number as its classed as harassment and that's a crime in this country. Lol. And then contact EE they will have to change your number with no questions asked.
Please use plain text.