EE Community

Investigator
kennytj

smtp

Hi,can anyone tell me what the smtp settings for Outgoing mail server on the 4GEE Mobile Broadband network is?

Regards TJ

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
DanielM242

Re: smtp

[ Edited ]

smtp.orange.co.uk or

• Email server: POP3
  • Pop server (incoming): pop.orangehome.co.uk
  • SMTP server (outgoing): smtp.orangehome.co.uk
  • Secure password authentication: no
  • POP incoming port number: 110
  • Outgoing SMTP port number: 25

i strrongly suggest you dont use their mail servers as they could potentially spy on you're email for the purpose of spying or selling off customer data. personally i use my own mail server

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 104
Kudos: 1,331
Solutions: 826

Spy? What you on. If thats the case any one could so using another wouldn't matter.
EE Contact Details

150 from EE Mobile
07953 966250 from any other phone

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
DanielM242

brendonx wrote:
Spy? What you on. If thats the case any one could so using another wouldn't matter.

No you idiot. they control the servers so they can see whats flowing through. you have a serious lack of knowledge on this subject. I do this for a living.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
kennytj

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply,unfortunatly I have already tried that to no avail  Regards TJ :mansad:

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
DanielM242

kennytj wrote:

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your reply,unfortunatly I have already tried that to no avail  Regards TJ :mansad:

Strange. Try this test and share the results. this would confirm if their is blocks.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

[ Edited ]

I don't use their email server but did it ask you for your username ? and did you use the correct username format ? 

Here is the official guide from EE: 

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=fals...

I think there's no need to be paranoid about email getting sniffed .. we are already using their call, text and internet services ...

Also I remember I read from a textbook saying that email doesn't use end-to-end encryption, the encryption is taking place between each relay server, hence even if you use your own mail server .. it can still being intercepted .   Or maybe my first year's textbook was outdated and things have envolved :smileytongue: 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Investigator
kennytj

Hi WI, Thanks for your answer unfortunatly this is not the issue,my email provider is ic24.net it is not web based,my Incoming mail is fine,my Outgoing mail server was T-Mobile until I moved to 4GEE then it all went pair shaped.

I have tried everything on the EE website to no avail,"orangehome" is for the wired Broadband connection,I have Mobile Broadband (WI-FI) and cannot find anything for this.

Regards TJ.  :manfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Star Contributor
winston

This is terrible. 

Try use the online chat service and ask them to find out the smtp server settings for you:

https://servicechat.ee.co.uk/v1/webchat.jsp

These guys pretty much deal with anything. 

Good luck ! 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P.S. I don't work for EE
Please use plain text.
Explorer
paul0363

You need to use an authenticated smtp server if your ISP runs one otherwise you can sign up to a third party service such as http://www.authsmtp.com/

This will let you send e-mail from any device or connection regradless of ISP.

Please use plain text.