EE Community

jc Investigator
Investigator
jc

Register SIM

Can anyone advise how long it actually takes to register a SIM?  I ahve been on to EE about three times a day and get a completely different answer from each of their staff.  Also they promise to call back but never do.  I am on an overseas trip attending a series of meetings where it is essential I can send emails and with the response we can move on to the next stage .  I have to leave the meeting, take a cab to my hotel and then return 30 mins later with the answer.  Before anyone asks why I don't simply bring my laptop I am currently in a part of Iraq where there is mobile service but not internet access at the place where the meeting is being held.  If only I had not upgraded and stayed with balckberry which is of course automatically cancelled upon moving to an i phone 5.

If anyone is reading this who is considering EE my advice is stay away at least until they can offer a professional service and can train their call centre staff to answer questions correctly and not just make up what first comes into their heads.  If I behaved like this I would have lost my customers by now, wish I had such a market share I too could be so arrogant and unconcerned

Please use plain text.
daz
Explorer
daz

Re: Register SIM

i got my 4g card from ee on 18/6/13 now its 26/6/13 and still not working. :-/
Please use plain text.
Investigator
chynal

The call centre says 24 hours, the store says pretty much straight away when it shows up on the system then when you call back the call centre they say the same as the store, so to be honest this company as not got a clue and just tells customers lies.  

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 104
Kudos: 1,319
Solutions: 812

No they are not lying. It could take 24 hours or it could be near enough straight awau. It all depends on how much of a backlog they have.
EE Contact Details

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Investigator
ohassanali

EE is an absolute joke - there are apparently 2000 or so people struggling with SIM activations for the past two weeks - unfortunately I happen to be one of the apparent 10% that are still not working - all rubbish talk if you ask me.

Once an issue is "identified", why one earth would it take futher days and even weeks to "resolve"?! I work in the IT industry and quite frankly, once identified, if a server stayed down for longer than 24 hours I'd most likely lose my contract!

Although on a much larger scale, surely with the hundreds of people working on it, a resolution should have been sought already!

I'm moving to a more stable network, or at least a network where I would be taken care of in such an event - apologies don't cut it I'm afraid, I expect results and not broken promises! The amount of times I've heard "it'll just be another 24 hours.." or "Please give us 48 hours.."

I can't afford to be without my phone any longer!

Insisting now on waiving of my termination fee so I can move across to another network - how they can think that they can get away with a total loss of service for over two weeks and still keep customers tied in is beyond me!

Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 104
Kudos: 1,319
Solutions: 812

How can you say there are more than 2000 people?
EE Contact Details

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.