EE Community

Explorer
crot4lus

Nokia Lumia 920 - showing internet icon but not able to connect

Hi all

Strange one that EE tech support are blaming the phone for...

Up until Saturday I was using my old T-Mobile sim card in the Lumia 920 and the internet worked fine but wanted to swap to my new EE contract so swapped the sim cards over but I can't for the life of me get the internet to work. It will show as H, G or 3G but always fails to get to the internet and fails to reload apps etc... 

Has anybody had this ? One person said it's something to do with activation problems with EE/Nokia.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
sutt359

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 - showing internet icon but not able to connect

Scan this link with your phone http://i.imgur.com/ZLdL6.png

Hit the search button and go to the eye and hold your phone up to the screen... Once installed go to settings and look for Access point... Make a dummy APN close and reopen then select EE.

Hopefully your data will start working.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
crot4lus

Hi Sutt359

Thanks for your suggestion, I gave it a shot but to no avail.

I tried putting my old t-mobile sim card back in the device last night n successfully connected to the internet etc...

One other thing about the EE sim card is that the signal drops every now and then, something that didnt happen with t-mobile.

Going to head up to the EE store and ask for a new sim card.

Thanks,

Glenn

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
sutt359

[ Edited ]

Did the access point software install? Did you turn you phone off and back on once EE is active?

You could try this

Go to your dial pad and type ##3282# or ##3282 call depending on your software.

You should now be in the field test options look at the bottom right you should see ... tap here and go to settings.

It should be set to automatic.... select 3g or 4g and try the internet again. Then set it back to automatic.

You could also see if its picking up 3g or 4g from the fied tests.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
wild44

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Im having a issue with my network connection, all my messaging app's keep saying "could not connect to internet check network settings". I can search IE and everything, but the apps are a different story, i first had this with whatsapp and i downloaded a few others but they all giving me the same issue...

Ive tried the above but still no luck.

anyone have an idea what it could be?

Thanks

Please use plain text.