EE Community

Investigator
faisalsherry

My EE SIM card still not activated

Hi I'm moving from Orange to ee and I wanted to use my old number I got a SIM card after 4 days then its a 2nd day but sim and isn't working saying no service:smileysad:. I called ee many times and every time I get a different reply, now ee guy said to me we have no idea when your number is going to be ported and we don't know when it's gonna be activated. But he said i have sent an email to the related department so u keep checking with the new SIM card every 4 hours. I have tried inserting the new sim many times but still no service.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

Re: My EE SIM card still not activated

I'm having the exact same issue. Went in store and got told me that I needed to call and be activated, did it there in store and the guy on the phone said that it would be a while and he'd call me back when he gets through, a whole day later and no call back. Called customer services and told that you don't need to call and activate anymore, asked if I could still use my old sim and she went to ask and said no. Should aparently take up to 48 hours. Calling again today to see if its actually in the activation process. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Please use plain text.
Investigator
faisalsherry

I have just called them now, ee said to me system hasn't recognised your SIM card that's y your number isn't ported. First we need to law ur orange account manually then need to port this number to ee and then activate ur SIM card manually. This process can take from 24 to 48 hours. Now again waiting...
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

I just called and got the same. Wasn't in EE system and that there is a large back-log so will take at least another 24 hours to be moved across. Luckily I can just use my old sim til it changes. The support person is going to text me to let me know when it's going through. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi faisalsherry and CallumCameron, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these problems. Unfortunately I am unable to help you with your specific complaints, but do be assured that I am feeding these issues back to the customer service team and they are looking into it. I very much hope that you have your phones up and running soon.

Do keep me posted with your progress.

Best,

Charlotte. 

Please use plain text.
Explorer
azaf

my new sim card is not activated yet !!my name is amalia zafeiratou!please activate it !!!

Please use plain text.
ru79dz

I've just received my EE sim today and I have been getting text messages on my old T-mobile sim giving instructions as to what to do when I've received the EE sim. I was adviced to text ?SWITCH? to 3333 using my old T-Mob sim and then insert the new EE sim afterwards. However after sending the text ?SWITCH? but i have been getting replies "Unable to process request" numerous times and still cant get my EE 4G sim activated. Its really disappointin. Customer service is on 150 is also disappointing as it takes a long time to get through the right person.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
faisalsherry

How slow and bad service is this? My ee SIM card is still not activated they keep on giving me time... This is frustrating...
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

There is a lot of us in the same boat and I don't think any of us will have a working SIM anytime soon.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
patmustard

I know someone who works for ee cust services. You guys are always bashing them. You don't realise how tough it is on a new network. Theya re trying their hardest. Much feedback is very good and don't get the impression they do not care. They do.

Please use plain text.
Investigator
faisalsherry

I have called today again.. N guess what they have said to me.. "Oh sorry to be honest with you we have not done anything but today i have sent an email to escalate your problem to the rite people"... Now I can't trust no one at CS, I'm not really sure even it's in process or not...
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

I called yesterday and they said they were having issues with closing orange accounts it would be done by 5pm yesterday evening but no change in situation. Phoned again this morning and they said they had a delay and it would be done by midday and I would get a call around then to give me an update. Again nothing happened and I had no call. Trying again tomorrow. This is irritating. At least I'm not paying for 4G yet!
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Well EE said my sim card would be active from midnight and this morning guess what I saw on my phone...

Invalid SIM

4 days and counting now without any working SIM and as I moved from Orange to EE I cannot even use my old Orange SIM as thats completely dead as well now (no service)

EE are full of empty promises and I bet when I call again today to repeat the same thing over and over again with empty promises of when I will be able to actually use their service.

Got the bill coming out on the 19th of November so what are the chances of me actually getting a working SIM card before then EE???

I expect my account to be credited for the time I am paying FOR NO SERVICE and I also expect to be credited if I AM FORCED TO BUY A PAY & GO SIM because your porting mechanism is beyond a joke.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still facing service problems - I've enlisted some of our customer service experts to help out for a bit, so if you like I can pass your details on to the support team to see if they can help? Just drop me your name, number, and a brief description of the issue in a private message and I'll make sure it goes to the right person. You can do this by clicking on my name and then 'send a private message to this user'.

Charlotte
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

Good news. My old sim died and my new EE sim started working. Hopefully everyone else has results soon.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Did your EE sim card before it started yo work state it was invalid with emergency calls only?

Please use plain text.
Explorer
ibrahim

hi

i have got an orange sim card which says no service

its should say orange or ee but it says no service when i call cust services it says unable to connect

please could you help me.

my number:07779549889

ibrahim iqbal

Please use plain text.
Investigator
faisalsherry

Yeah my ee sim has started working as well :smileyhappy: Thanks for that..
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

Daleski, it only said no service until my
Please use plain text.
Investigator
CallumCameron

old sim stopped and then it started working will fill signal and LTE.
Please use plain text.