EE Community

Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Re: My EE SIM card still not activated

Cheers for that info all of mine say invalid sim card emergency calls only so I am suspecting the phone is the issue and not the sim (it cannot be 5 dodgy sim cards in a row!!)
Please use plain text.
mhumphries42

My Sim Card is still not activated and it's been almost a week. I have spoken to three different people via chat and spoken to someone on the phone from a Phones4U store. 

I know I this should be addressed to Phones4U staff, but as the rude man in the Redditch branch of the EE Store told me after looking down his nose at me that I need to go elsewhere with my phone.

Each time I called they say my phone has been activated already and they will need a contact number to call me so they can advise me on my case... I have not had a single phone call anmd I keep getting the same response. I'm about to return my phone and cancelling my contract as I'm bored with being fobbed off.

So far my collegues have been asking about my experiences with 4G and EE, and naturally my responses have not been favorable.

daleski75, my phone (Nokia Lumia 920) also says emergency calls only, but I have tried my T-Mobile sim card in it and it works fine with that, so it could still be the sim card, in fact due to the manual activation of EE, its likely a human error on the part of activating, or they have ordered a whole load of bad sims.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi mhumphries42,

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you send me your name, details and a brief description of your problem to me in a private message (just click on my name and then send user a private message) and I will make sure a customer service expert looks into this.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
jm_paulin

Oh dear...

Looks like I am just at the start of the story. How long will it take to activate the EE SIM? I just spoke to a chap in EE and he asked for my SIM Serial #. He reckon the EE sim should be activated within 5 to 20 min, but can take up to 24H. will it really take more than a week?

As I am from T-Mobile, I did send the 'SWITCH' sms to 3333, but I got the reply 'Sorry but your response was not recognised, please check and try again'.

:mansurprised:

JM

Please use plain text.
Visitor
dlovering

i havenbeen wait for 6 days now for my EE sim and iphone to be activated, call in to CS each day and all you get is it well work in dus course, feel real sorry for the people in CS as it seems they do not being informed what is going on or how long it will take, but 6 days to activate a sim & phone come on

A new and not very happy EE customer

Please use plain text.
Visitor
PADO1164

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DB909

Now 10 days since i lost network connection

Have had phone replaced and on third sim card

Still not sorted

What on earth is going on at EE

Please use plain text.
Explorer
azaf

Hello

After a day my sim card is not activated seriously crap service from Orange and EE

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Crispy

Please help, sim wont activate. Thinking of giving back phone and cancelling contract.
Please use plain text.
mikeyd_abc1

3 days with out a phone what a joke I dont like bad service this link has been sent to ofcom see what they say and compensate all these people

Please use plain text.