EE Community

Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Re: My EE SIM card still not activated

Cheers for that info all of mine say invalid sim card emergency calls only so I am suspecting the phone is the issue and not the sim (it cannot be 5 dodgy sim cards in a row!!)
Please use plain text.
mhumphries42

My Sim Card is still not activated and it's been almost a week. I have spoken to three different people via chat and spoken to someone on the phone from a Phones4U store. 

I know I this should be addressed to Phones4U staff, but as the rude man in the Redditch branch of the EE Store told me after looking down his nose at me that I need to go elsewhere with my phone.

Each time I called they say my phone has been activated already and they will need a contact number to call me so they can advise me on my case... I have not had a single phone call anmd I keep getting the same response. I'm about to return my phone and cancelling my contract as I'm bored with being fobbed off.

So far my collegues have been asking about my experiences with 4G and EE, and naturally my responses have not been favorable.

daleski75, my phone (Nokia Lumia 920) also says emergency calls only, but I have tried my T-Mobile sim card in it and it works fine with that, so it could still be the sim card, in fact due to the manual activation of EE, its likely a human error on the part of activating, or they have ordered a whole load of bad sims.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hi mhumphries42,

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you send me your name, details and a brief description of your problem to me in a private message (just click on my name and then send user a private message) and I will make sure a customer service expert looks into this.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
jm_paulin

Oh dear...

Looks like I am just at the start of the story. How long will it take to activate the EE SIM? I just spoke to a chap in EE and he asked for my SIM Serial #. He reckon the EE sim should be activated within 5 to 20 min, but can take up to 24H. will it really take more than a week?

As I am from T-Mobile, I did send the 'SWITCH' sms to 3333, but I got the reply 'Sorry but your response was not recognised, please check and try again'.

:mansurprised:

JM

Please use plain text.
Visitor
dlovering

i havenbeen wait for 6 days now for my EE sim and iphone to be activated, call in to CS each day and all you get is it well work in dus course, feel real sorry for the people in CS as it seems they do not being informed what is going on or how long it will take, but 6 days to activate a sim & phone come on

A new and not very happy EE customer

Please use plain text.
Visitor
PADO1164

Please use plain text.
Visitor
DB909

Now 10 days since i lost network connection

Have had phone replaced and on third sim card

Still not sorted

What on earth is going on at EE

Please use plain text.
Explorer
azaf

Hello

After a day my sim card is not activated seriously crap service from Orange and EE

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Crispy

Please help, sim wont activate. Thinking of giving back phone and cancelling contract.
Please use plain text.
mikeyd_abc1

3 days with out a phone what a joke I dont like bad service this link has been sent to ofcom see what they say and compensate all these people

Please use plain text.
Investigator
theonecog

[ Edited ]

I upgraded in store to EE from Orange last Saturday to the new HTC One (awesome phone) and I have been a week without my sim card being activated and currently on my 4th sim. My Orange sim stopped working within two hours and the original sim wasn't activated after 24 hours as someone took down the sim number wrong, I gave CS the right number over the phone and it was active instantly. 8 hours later it died, at exactly 20:05, 5 minutes after CS closes. I then rang back 8:00 next morning and was advised to go back into store, they swapped the sim and was again told could take up to 24 hours. After 24 hours nothing, so I went back into store the following day (Tuesday) and was told best course of action would be to send out a pre-activated sim in the post. This arrived yesterday (Thursday) not active, rang CS again and was told that they can take up to 24 hours, naturally I inquired as to why the letter with the sim states pop it in your phone at it will be working immediately and it doesn't work. Was told that they can't send them out active as someone could steal them. Was then told it was activated at 9:20 that morning, 3 hours before my post arrives. Told the CS adviser that surely makes no difference if they activated them as they sent them out the door or at least activate them and send them via recorded delivery that way there would be 99% guarantee that all sims would work. Was told nothing more anyone could do for another 24 hours. That brings me to today, obviously after 24 hours the sim still wasn't active, went straight into store and they did a sim replacement rather than a new sim which I had to pay £10 for and then £10 was credited onto my account. Was told this would be active in minutes, obviously it wasn't sat with the guy in the shop for 20 minutes, and same old story hopefully it will come on soon but obviously nothing anyone can do for another 24 hours! This is now beyond ridiculous as everytime CS say the sim is active. It's 100% not the phone that is the problem as I have witnessed another EE sim (even an orange sim) be put in the phone and it receive signal, and the other non-activated sims be put in an identical handset (and also another 4g EE phone) and no signal there either. I am now faced with waiting until midday tomorrow and having to go back into store again, this isn't on, my other half was in hospital yesterday and was unable to contact me to pick her up. If this issue isn't sorted by the end of this weekend I will have no choice but to cancel the contract, join another more reliable network and request refund of my early upgrade fee, and file a complaint with ofcom and possibly seek additional compensation for my trouble, parking (have all the stubs), petrol, time etc.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
s1mon87

WOW! That really is disgusting! I feel sorry for you.

I have just made the move from T-Mobile to Orange and I'm finding that Orange customer services seem pretty clueless. 

I don't think they are given proper training and they certainly don't communicate.

I hope you got your SIM sorted! :smileyhappy:

Samsung Galaxy S4 user on 4GEE
Please use plain text.
Investigator
JammyDodger

Hello! Im a new EE customer! Recently changed from Orange too EE on Wednesday. But my old number hasnt moved over to my new EE one yet :smileysad: ive had to have a nano sim card, does that make a difference or not? Plus I can ring my house phone with the new sim card but just not text people. Help would be appreciated. When will it be activated you think?
Please use plain text.
brendonx
Topics: 103
Kudos: 957
Solutions: 610

@jammy. Have you turned the phone off and on?

You may need to ring CS. To ask what is going on

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below

Please use plain text.
Investigator
JammyDodger

I just this minute turned it off and took the battery out etc. And placed a call to my dad. But it came up as a 'withheld number'. Did you have the same problem? Mines the S3
Please use plain text.
brendonx

No whenni changed from orange to EE from S3 to S4. It changed within hours without a hitch

Please use plain text.
Investigator
JammyDodger

Im so confused. Ive tried to ring them but when I put my original number in it didnt recognise it. Shall I wait a little longer? Sorry if im being a pain. I'm just lost "/
Please use plain text.
brendonx

Put in the new number then query why the old number hasnt ported

Please use plain text.
Investigator
JammyDodger

Okay thank you x
Please use plain text.
Investigator
Lilkeyz

So day 4 of no service. Numerous phone calls to EE. Visited shop twice n was promised it was dealt with. sim swapped twice. Still no service getting really stressed out now
Please use plain text.