EE Community

Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Re: How long does it take to activate the new sim?

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some service problems. If you like I can pass your details on to the support team to see if they can help? Just drop me your name, number, and a brief description of the issue in a private message and I'll make sure it goes to the right person. You can do this by clicking on my name and then 'send a private message to this user'.

Charlotte
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

On my 4th sim card and all say invalid sim and when I call up EE say that the sim is definitely activated and registered in the network and active against my account.

The very helpful lady thinks it is a fault with the phone so hopefully tomorrow morning first thing I can pick one up from my local store and fingers crossed it will activate first time.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

6th day and still not working.. went to P4U, gave me a new sim and told me to wait until 24 hours to activate it. If it's still not gonna work, they'll exchange the phone.
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

I now have a high level EE technician looking into my problem and so far it could be :-

1. My account got messed up when it was ported across from Orange to EE

2. A faulty batch of 920's was shipped out which do NOT work on EE

3. On EE's records it shows up I brought it from Phones4U even though it came from an EE store

4. Phones4U are blocking the simcard from working 5 times in 2 Lumia 920's?

I still have no working phone, no working sim card and EE are still no closer to a resolution and I am beginning to lose faith that I will ever have a working 920 with a working SIM anytime soon.

Almost a week now of trying sim cards, phone calls, trips into town, taking time off work and to be told that I still don't have a phone I can use is a very bitter pill to swallow.

From Saturday I will be unable to do anything further as I will be on a training course for 8 days (8am till 8pm each day :smileysurprised:)

@Gerraldd I really hope you get yours sorted as we cannot be the only guys with a Lumia 920 on EE which refuses to work.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

Got a call from the manager of my local P4U and he said that if the sim card is still not connected until monday. They will cancel the contract. Then I'll buy the same phone from EE itself now.

@daleski75, do you happen to know if your lumia 920 is eligible for a free wireless charger? P4U lumias can get a free wireless charger so I'm wondering if EE is the same.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Not sure to be honest the guys in he EE store did mention that to me but they where not sure how to go about it so they emailed Nokia but still waiting for a response.

I would hazard a guess if yours is also coming up with invalid sim/emergency calls only it's an issue with the phone itself or your EE account.

I am still waiting for a firm answer from EE and as of now they have told me very honestly they do not know when my issue will be fixed.
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

A mate of mine has just got a Lumia 920 on EE and his sim card worked first time so what gives?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

Lucky him.. I still have to wait 3 days until I can get a new Lumia 920 as I've lost hope for my current one. Did he bought it from an EE store?

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

He brought it online from EE, wish I was more patient and waited too as I could of had a working phone and sim now instead of cancelling it and getting one from a store instead.

On the phone now to EE in one last attempt to get this resolved.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

EE still have no clue to when it will be resolved but they have credited me for the entire week I have not been able to use my phone.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

They've also credited me and I spoke to P4U about it and they said they're gonna refund my first week assuming that the phone is going to work. I'm going back to P4U tomorrow as I won't be able to go their on Monday until Friday to return the phone.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

I returned the phone today and bought a new one. But this time, it's from Orange since because I had problems with EE. The phone was activated in less than an hour. I'll just upgrade to EE when 4G is available at my area.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Community Manager
Charlotte

Hey all,

I've replied to a few of you on other posts, so apologises for repeating myself, but in case anyone hasn't seen my message yet, just wanted to let you know that I have access to some customer service experts who are able to look into these issues for you. If you're still experiencing problems, please send me your name, contact number and a description of your problem in a private message and this will be looked into asap.

Thanks,

Charlotte.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

[ Edited ]

@gerraldd Cannot say I blame you it's 9 days now without a working SIM and EE have assured me it will be fixed but cannot give me any time frame just have to sit here and wait, wait some more oh and wait again.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

EE rang me the next day after I got a new phone from Orange and they said that they know now how to fix the problem. Just need to bring back the phone where I bought it and tell them to update the software(probably the firmware).
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

I have not heard back from EE since Saturday when I called them last so much for treating my issue as a high priority, they promised to keep me up to date with emails and sms and so far have not delivered that whatsoever.
Please use plain text.
Explorer
quinnx87x

I went back into P4U last week and the manager just kept ringing EE over and over asking them to activate the sim. The first few people gave the bull**bleep** stories they've been telling everyone, then he got through to a guy who just activated the sim! Really don't know what the hell EE are playing at. Hope everyone has their phones working soon if they aren't already.

Please use plain text.
Established Contributor
jm_paulin

Not yet here... Still waiting. Mind you, it is only a week...
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Managed to call EE to chase them up and they now said my case is with level 3 ee technicians who are going through by hand activating accounts properly as a few got messed up and mine was one of them.

Looks like I will be asking for another week of money back so now almost 2 weeks without my number which is very annoying to say the least.

I am not confident whatsoever and if EE have not sorted this mess out by the weekend I will be asking to cancel my contract.

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Almost at the point of cancelling my contract now, waiting for a phone call from a manager to discuss options.

Please use plain text.