EE Community

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

How long does it take to activate the new sim?

My mom bought the phone for me last Friday but the sim card is still not activated until now. I tried restarting the phone too. How long does it take to activate?

Please use plain text.
Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

Re: How long does it take to activate the new sim?

Which network is it with EE's 4G or Tmobile Or Orange. It maybe worth giving them a call to see if its been activated.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

No words. We're on EE community forum. Anyways, called EE and they said it's still on queue for activation. Its been 2 days already and I need to give them my PAC code to transfer my old number(I went in-store to give them my PAC number in person but they told me to use this sim to call 150 and give my PAC code).

Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

[ Edited ]

I have been told the same thing and waiting for 2 days as well and also just out of curiousity on your EE sim does it say emergency calls only or invalid sim?

Both my EE sim and my Orange sim are completely dead and I was told by one guy I need a replacement sim and then another lady told me it will be active by 5pm so not sure who to believe.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

I'm using Lumia 920. The "no sim" icon is on the status bar(top left) of the phone and when I go to the settings, it says "sim not valid". SAD
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

[ Edited ]

@gerraldd Exactly the same as me glad to know it's not just me and was also told in store by EE that the porting will be done at 5pm on my number so hopefully this bodes well for you as well.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

@daleski75 : Is yours activated now? Mine's still not and it's the third day.
Please use plain text.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Nope looks like we are both stuck waiting, is your original sim card working though?
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

It's working because its from vodafone. I still need to wait for my new number to activate in order to call 150 to give my PAC code.
Please use plain text.
Investigator
dlusted

Wow..... So I'm not the only one who's been waiting for my SIM to be activated then?!?

I got my 920 on Sat from Phones4U, and was told that it would be active "within 48hrs" under receipt of delivery..... 48hrs, no joy and now I cannot even get hold of CS on the 150 "33" number to see what the hold-up is....

My phone recognises the SIM as "EE" appears on my Phone Live Tile so it seems I'm quite lucky mine works (sort of)....

Look like my 920 will be off for another day, and I'll have to continue using my 2yr old HD7 on O2 for a while longer :smileysad:

Please use plain text.