EE Community

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

How long does it take to activate the new sim?

My mom bought the phone for me last Friday but the sim card is still not activated until now. I tried restarting the phone too. How long does it take to activate?

Prodigious Contributor
dr_adidas01

Re: How long does it take to activate the new sim?

Which network is it with EE's 4G or Tmobile Or Orange. It maybe worth giving them a call to see if its been activated.
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

No words. We're on EE community forum. Anyways, called EE and they said it's still on queue for activation. Its been 2 days already and I need to give them my PAC code to transfer my old number(I went in-store to give them my PAC number in person but they told me to use this sim to call 150 and give my PAC code).

Skilled Contributor
daleski75

[ Edited ]

I have been told the same thing and waiting for 2 days as well and also just out of curiousity on your EE sim does it say emergency calls only or invalid sim?

Both my EE sim and my Orange sim are completely dead and I was told by one guy I need a replacement sim and then another lady told me it will be active by 5pm so not sure who to believe.

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

I'm using Lumia 920. The "no sim" icon is on the status bar(top left) of the phone and when I go to the settings, it says "sim not valid". SAD
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

[ Edited ]

@gerraldd Exactly the same as me glad to know it's not just me and was also told in store by EE that the porting will be done at 5pm on my number so hopefully this bodes well for you as well.

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

@daleski75 : Is yours activated now? Mine's still not and it's the third day.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Nope looks like we are both stuck waiting, is your original sim card working though?
Valued Contributor
gerraldd

It's working because its from vodafone. I still need to wait for my new number to activate in order to call 150 to give my PAC code.
Investigator
dlusted

Wow..... So I'm not the only one who's been waiting for my SIM to be activated then?!?

I got my 920 on Sat from Phones4U, and was told that it would be active "within 48hrs" under receipt of delivery..... 48hrs, no joy and now I cannot even get hold of CS on the 150 "33" number to see what the hold-up is....

My phone recognises the SIM as "EE" appears on my Phone Live Tile so it seems I'm quite lucky mine works (sort of)....

Look like my 920 will be off for another day, and I'll have to continue using my 2yr old HD7 on O2 for a while longer :smileysad:

Skilled Contributor
daleski75

3 days and counting and no working sim, not even recognised on their network just says invalid sim so I have ordered a giffgaff sim now as I cannot do anything with the phone when not on wifi.

Just seen a bill generated for Orange so need to speak to EE again to see what happens about that as by now my Orange account should be cancelled and I don't want to end up paying for 2 lots of contracts because of their mistakes.

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

4th day with not recognised sim. Tried calling them again and they said the sim card might have a problem and needed to swap it. Will give you guys update tomorrow after going to an EE store.
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

They told me the same story and I got a sim card from the store yesterday morning and until now it's still not activated over 24 hours later and when I called up they then told me it will be working at midnight as they are going to refresh the system (reboot).

I think EE are just fobbing off customers right now probably due to the volume of calls coming in of people complaining because their sim has not been activated.

Explorer
whoopsiman

iRe: How long does it take to activate the new sim?

i got my phone today, and want to know how long its gonna be that im not going to have any service, as i aint payiny £41 a month for nothing

Explorer
quinnx87x

Did you buy your Lumia 920 from Phones4U by any chance? When I spoke to EE yesterday, they said every Phones4U Lumia 920 handset is not compatible with the EE sim cards and they are investigating why. They don't know how long it will be before it is fixed.

Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Mine came from an EE store
Skilled Contributor
daleski75

Well EE said my sim card would be active from midnight and this morning guess what I saw on my phone...

Invalid SIM

4 days and counting now without any working SIM and as I moved from Orange to EE I cannot even use my old Orange SIM as thats completely dead as well now (no service)

EE are full of empty promises and I bet when I call again today to repeat the same thing over and over again with empty promises of when I will be able to actually use their service.

Got the bill coming out on the 19th of November so what are the chances of me actually getting a working SIM card before then EE???

Explorer
whoopsiman

yes i did get it from Phones4u

Valued Contributor
gerraldd

@quinnx87x for real?got mine from p4u.. I also tried to put my ee sim to my unlocked iphone and it doesnt recognise the sim..
Visitor
Grimson

Bought my 920 on Friday 9th with a new EE contract, was told up to 72 hours to activate.

Nothing on Monday so I called, was told 48 hours from then and I was in a queue to have mine activated.

48 hours will be up in about an hour and still nothing, just SIM Invalid.

Managed to get the Customer Support guy to forward me through to a real Technical Support person and was told there is nothing wrong with the SIM or the Phone, just waiting as there is a big backlog of sims to be activated.